Passion for Angling on DVD!

david parker 2

Reaction score
anyone seen High Miles's Caught in Time with Chris Yates? Have ordered it along with APFA DVDs. Have high hopes - I'm not wrong am I?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
David,
I got it last year, and to be honest I was dissapointed with it, the first time I watched it.
However, due to this thread I got it back from my son and gave it another viewing.
When I watched it again, I realised it went a bit deeper than the passion video's,
You have to listen to what Chris Yates is saying, more than watch what he is doing.
Second time around I enjoyed it. Yes, it's worth getting.

B

Brynn Dovey

Nigel,I used to use a floating putty called Driftwood.I think it was made by Kryston and is still available as far as I know

david parker 2

Reaction score
I also use Driftwood by Kryston. Still available in my tackle shop - well worth keeping a tub in your tackle box

Rooster

Reaction score
RE: Caught In Time

Baz, this is so strange. I did the exact same thing as you this week as I was a bit critical of Caught in Time earlier in this thread and decided to give it another go.

What you (Baz) said is EXACTLY how I feel about the DVD too. It does go deeper than Passion and perhaps isn't as 'instant', carefree and innocent as Passion was. Looking back, I think I initially sat down to watch it with a pre-conceived idea of what I was expecting/hoping to see and this led me to feeling a bit let down.

However, now I really like it! Funny old the human mind isn't it? My advice would be to sit down in a nice comfy chair with a nice cup of tea and just try and free your mind of everything and just enjoy it. There's some nice banter between Hugh and Chris, lots of beautiful scenary, and some lovely fish too.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Exactly the same as me mate.
I think we were both expecting something similar to Passion.

Carl Ward

Reaction score
Great news!! Thought I'd have to hang on to the video recorder just so I could still watch passion.

W

Wolfman Woody

Funny thing is - I'm rather disappointed that Video is dying out, I think it's great. A lot more convenient than DVD as far as I am concerned and tapes are cheaper too.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its only Dixons at the moment that won't be doing them isn't it?
We have had ours ten years, and I was only just getting used to it. I have one or two tapes that I wouldn't mind putting on disk. Is it expensive?

N

Nigel Moors 2

Cheeky - are you trying to pull everyone's leg? How can anyone think video is more convenient then DVD? The quality is tantamount to s***e and you can't find individual scenes the same way you can with DVD and surprisingly enough if you look around DVD'd can be had off the web quite cheaply.

If convenience is in the recording then check out PVR's using hard disks, great quality and even easier than VCR.

Same for rewritable stuff too - look in the right places and good quality recordable DVD players are available as well as the discs which can be picked up for 25p. Throw away those archaic VCR's and jump into the 21st century!!

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Baz - I can try to record the VCR's for you if you like - drop me an email - I need to know what DVD player you have to see if it will accept recorded discs, otherwise you may have to watch them on your PC - let me know what PC spec you have if you have a DVD on there.

Ian