Simon King: Rest in Peace

paulvjwhite

Reaction score
new simon for many years as i was and still am a bailiff at f/g.he was a good bloke and fine angler,he used to confide with me and i with him about our catches both knowing it would go no further. i admired his honesty when he caught the 7lb 15oz chub,knowing how much he wanted a '8'. i last spoke to him in march saying i'll see him in the spring when he would be tenching,he stated then that he would not be over until sept due to an illness that meant hospital appointments.i thought something was wrong,obviously,but not this serious.when i start chub fishing this winter i will spare a thought for simon and maybe,just maybe he willguide me to my first'8'.r.i.p. simon

The Sogster

Reaction score
My condolences to his family and friends.
I never knew the man but certainly enjoyed reading his articles.

There are some lovely tributes on here as well as Bob's fine piece about his friend. It seems Mr King touched the lives of a few members on here who I am sure will remember him with great fondness.

R

Royffey

Very sad news indeed, i remember speaking to him at the end of last season and it only seems like a few weeks ago... He will be dearly missed by all that knew him.

Top angler and an all round great bloke.

rockrider

Reaction score
Ive been away from fishing for a couple of years and was shocked when I came across the news by accident last night.

I have a lot to thank Simon for. We fished together at fishers green for several seasons, he was always great company and helped me achieve a number of captures from the venue I may not of made without his input.

Rest in Peace Simon
My condolences to his family and close friends

James

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Total shock, we never met in person but exchanged pm's many times. He was nobody's fool when it came to fishing or as a judge of men, I'll miss his posts and his pm's. My condolences go to his close friends and family.

cg74

Reaction score
Like so many others I never met Si but we did exchange loads of PM's over the last few years and he certainly was one of life's thinkers (and sharers).
I now really regret not taking him up on one of his offers to fish with him at Fishers Green.

My condolences go to his family and close friends.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Could I thank all of you who sent messages of condolences and those who attended Simon funeral yesterday.

It was a lovely service and he will be missed by all who knew him.

RIP Simon.