The Barbel Show Weekend from a Personal Perspective

nicepix

Reaction score
I'm not involved in this and haven't complained to the mods. But from a personal perspective the guys who have issues with the way that the BS is being run proved their points some months ago and ever since have been undermining their own credibility.

I think that a lot of bystanders such as myself have seen enough to realise that the BS is not what it was and probably never can be. Time to move on.

Just my thoughts.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I'm not involved in this and haven't complained to the mods. But from a personal perspective the guys who have issues with the way that the BS is being run proved their points some months ago and ever since have been undermining their own credibility.

I think that a lot of bystanders such as myself have seen enough to realise that the BS is not what it was and probably never can be. Time to move on.

Just my thoughts.

Mr Pix,

as you haven't been involved I am not sure you fully understand the issues, all I am asking is for < some obcure question about something long forgotten> to be answered and I know this for a fact because <I was at some meeting or other about 15 years ago > when <insert name of lonf ago banned member > did this thing that no one can remember <but that we are all convinced we remember perfectly >.

If the chosen one <insert name of person no one has heard of > and <another long ago banned member > plus < probably that guy with the blog > would just answer my question <they wont> then I would cease and desist all comments <I wont> on this so called society.

I for one <maybe 4 or 5 > couldn't care less <well shut up then > about the chosen one or <some obscure meeting in a pub> after all as we all know from facebook there were actually only 15 people there.

This is a fundamental issue of free speech < dont worry only another 4 or 5 paragraphs to go > and need I even reference the incident on the Wye ? < no idea what the incident was but I am mildly intrigued was it the one where they phoned someone up and pretended to be a fish > because that <incident on the Wye > just about says it all about <some other guy I have never heard of > and after all the hard work I have done < personally I usually skip these bits - you should too > .... teaching kids how to catch barbel.

Finally as the great philosepher once said < some dodgy looked up quote coming now poster will have orgasm just at the point he presses submit > then a man who has only fished once will be an angler of life

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
black kettle Interesting to read that Steve Pope says the members of the hierarchy have their fingers on the pulse. Is that the same pulse involved in the magazine going out extremely late and the fact that an ex committee man had to ask several times about the late magazine before he got an answer on the BS FB page? Have there also been complaints about people not getting BS merchandise or not receiving suitable responses from the BS in regard to this? Regards said:
Looks like the complaints about the BS magazine being late are justified along with complaints about merchandise.

Merchandise guy out of action, no one stepping in to deal with orders. Buyers waiting a month to get their orders, and late replies to e-mails asking where their orders are.

But the membership can rest assured they are are doing their best!

I'd say their best is pretty poor, on both counts, shambles was the word used by one person quite right.

No questions, then none are need the shambles speaks for itself.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If they can't get something simple like getting a magazine out on time right then it doesn't give you a lot of confidence in all the other projects they claim to be involved with.

If there is 500 members and they are paying around £30 each then that is £15000. Where is it all going?

Given that all the functions and fisheries have to be paid for separately and the R&C has a ring fenced slush fund that leaves a fair pile for administrative charges.

That is the reason I will never rejoin.

Nice summation Benny, I would say you covered most of the bases perfectly. I think I even recognised myself in there.

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Titus anyone who uses their own time to try and teach kids angling deserves admiration.
I hope it made some smile without detracting from the essence of the "beef".