The new river season and not a single report.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Fished a short eve on the Cherwell (16th June) expected to see a few people there. On a mile and a half stretch I saw two other anglers! Had a great eve.

Deanos

Reaction score
Hi Sean, hows it going?
Barb session on the Nidd last Friday eve, not a nibble, but lots of freash Otter prints, food for thought, excuse the pun.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
I spent the weekend on the Wensum at Taverham Mill. Apart from a few carp anglers, carrying an entire bungalow on their barrows, very few people were there.

We saw plenty of barbel but the best I could do was a brief hook-up on a lobworm before the hook pulled. Deffo a barbel tho.

My best fish, among a few percyh and chublets, was a 4lb chub, but the wildlife made up for all that; otter, barn owl, weasels, kingfisher, terns diving for minnows.... it's such a lovely place, and a total bargain.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Could have caught carp

Went fishing for rudd which the conditions should have been favourable in a small stream yesterday; not a bite,blanked. However two carp appeared in the swim which are rare in this water and started to slurp some bread of the top. One about 12-15lb and the other 7-8 lb. Could have caught them but only had light line so didnt bother. Could have done 5lb line but a lot of weed and snags in the water plus a steep bank so probably did the right thing; tempted though.