Trent Gudgeon

electrical64

Reaction score
Well its seems that the Humble River Anglers are still out there Polishing there Spliced tip rods , waiting for the return of the glory days :D
Just a quick mention of the Gudgeon is all it takes , to reveal all .
Lets hope we can entice a few away from the Carp filled money Pits.
Several Sturgeon came out of the Middle Trent last year , one of which i saw personally . 10lb 4oz . How big will they get ? Tackle ? :w

sam vimes

Reaction score
Lets hope we can entice a few away from the Carp filled money Pits.

The majority of long term regulars on here aren't the biggest frequenters of commercials. There aren't too many that need enticing.

Several Sturgeon came out of the Middle Trent last year , one of which i saw personally . 10lb 4oz . How big will they get ? Tackle ? :w

A fair bit bigger than that judging by pics I've seen and gossip I've heard from anglers I trust. They've still got a way to go before they surpass the bigger Trent catfish though.

electrical64

Reaction score
OK Lets hope i have to get up early next season to find a spot on the Trent :wh
The Sturgeon i witnessed weighed in a club match weighed 10lb 4oz.
Have seen Google pic s of all manor of Trent Monsters , but best to take some of them with a pinch of salt i think. I would never reveal the location of my 9oz Gudgeon capture to anyone .:D

sam vimes

Reaction score
OK Lets hope i have to get up early next season to find a spot on the Trent :wh

Don't misinterpret me. I'm not suggesting that the rivers are going to be any busier than previous years, just that you are mostly preaching to the converted on here.

Have seen Google pic s of all manor of Trent Monsters , but best to take some of them with a pinch of salt i think.

The pics I've seen won't ever end up being found on Google and, unlike some of the gossip, I don't need to take them with a pinch of salt.:)

Last edited:

electrical64

Reaction score
Don't misinterpret me. I'm not suggesting that the rivers are going to be any busier than previous years, just that you are mostly preaching to the converted on here.
Ok thanks. I was being somewhat ironic . The last time i had to get to the Trent early i had a moustache and chain smoked Bensons.

The pics I've seen won't ever end up being found on Google and, unlike some of the gossip, I don't need to take them with a pinch of salt.:)
How it should be, although i suppose rumour is the Anglers Drug of Choice ;)