what is your fave corse fishing species in the uk?

fishperch

Reaction score
Hunters Moon....I too lived in Bourne End for around 20 years from about 1977 onward. I drove through only last week (I still live fairly close by) and apart from shops changing hands it still looks pretty much the same. I always liked the place as it never pretended to be anything other than a village with ordinary people, unlike the town of Marlow who'd residence (BY NO MEANS ALL) seem to delight in a mild form of snobbishness (if that's the right word) and I've lost count of many I've met who delightin not only saying WHERE they live in Marlow but whether it's marlow 'proper' or not.... Anyway a great little village is Bourne End....just a pity the roach in the local river are, or were so hard to find, at least back in the 80's !! Roach every time even if the 2lb' er is still some way off judging by my efforts of late.....................................................

lol yeah i know what u mean especially about the high street part of marlow , im just inside marlow just next to the fire station ( new one ) its pretty run down the part i live in lol so yeah not the " proper part "

peterjg

Reaction score
For 38 years I fished mainly for big carp - how stupid I was! Now I'm back after the roach (what goes around comes around). Roach are certainly our hardest and most interesting fish to angle for.

peterdd

Reaction score
Tench all the way, great fighters and stunning fish. However I am partial to a Rudd, deep gold/bronze, flash of red.

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):) tee-cee
bourne end yes I have some very fond memory's of that lovely village and as you said nice ordinary people. at that time tee-cee I was working at the r a f
station at medmenham some very good fishing I recall around medmenham,
also bourne end and it was from bourne end that I caught my best roach to
date.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Roach but that said I like variety and although I'll get more roach than the rest put together over the course of a season I like to get as many other species as possible.

pidgergj

Reaction score
Tench for me, probably because the places i fish most are full of carp with fewer tench, so i enjoy the challenge of trying to single them out, and you know as soon as it is hooked wether its a tench or another carp. I have become obsessed with trying to catch a big roach too though as iv never had one even over a pound, although iv not fished for them exclusively very often. There are a lot of species iv never caught and many would probably be surprised if i listed them!

jon atkinson

Reaction score
Another vote for Tench, although I do love Crucian (first fish I ever caught) & Perch. Rudd are delightful looking fish, particularly in the summer sun & having finally caught a couple of 'respectable' Roach this week end I'd have them on the podium too.

B

binka

I've been deliberating over this one for some time...

I've tried twisting the question seasonally, tried twisting the question towards what method I prefer to catch them on (both of which would result in numerous different species being the answer) but ultimately I have to come down to my favourite coarse fish being the perch.

Everything within context and variety still remains the spice of life... all species hold a special place for their own special reasons :)