Winter mojo

theartist

Reaction score
I echo the previous post aside from it's not buzzards for me but er..... herons swooping lower :eek:

Another point is winter is the only time the rivers round here have any flow on them

The fish also are of a better stamp with less small stuff to get through

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
My mojo never fails. I get frustrated when gales or heavy rain are forecast. I can honestly say I have not been cold at all this winter.

Unless its very cold I usually have my thermal jacket over the back of my chair, finding my bib and brace sufficient as it comes to my chest.

Today I sat on the river bank sunbathing at a glorious 2 degrees. My face looks like I have been to the Med.

Last edited:

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Of course it helps me too that I've just moved house, significantly closer to the main river thames, the oxford canal and a rather lovely little thames trib (Seacourt Stream).... if not walking distance then definitely a very easy cycle ride.

I'm leaving the canal alone for the time being (even though it's closest) because it's iced up! Plus, I don't really know a great deal about canal fishing and I'd rather give it time to warm up a bit.

But the river and the little stream have already seen me visiting a fair bit and I can only see that continuing....