Fitting Pole elastic in tele top 2

stuart geary

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me. Ive recently bought a maver 13.5 m pole with 2 power top 2s
Ive been fitting 2 different size elastics into the top 2 ends with a bung that you can wind up to tension.
The problem i have is when packing the 2 section (telescopic) down into 1 length again for storage and travel. As the sections are the same length, the top section then pushes out the bung when i reduce the pole down, and it comes out of the end. Is this correct? Should i be doing it this way. The shop owner said i have the corect size bung winder but it goes in a little too far ( 1 foot) before holding. Even if this was shorter, the first section would still push it out when collapsing the pole. Any advice would be appreciated

Beecy

Reaction score
unless they are very long sections (I dont know) you usually dont have to collapse them all the way down for them to fit back inside the pole

S

sam tooth

the only thing that i can say is that you could have your bung too far up your pole. but maybe have you got a put over top kit and you are using it as a tele kit because most power top 2's are put over.

W

Wolfman Woody

Agree with Sam.

Most power tops are put over. Are you absolutely certain it's telescopic?

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
"As the sections are the same length, the top section then pushes out the bung when i reduce the pole down, and it comes out of the end. Is this correct?"

If the sections are the same length, almost certainly put over.

Stuart, look on the 'net' for reviews of the pole, that'll tell you.

stuart geary

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, Yes the website says that the top 2 sections are telescopic, heres the link. Its a maver resolution
http://www.maver.co.uk/maver_carp_poles.htm

It fits back into the pole with space still but not into the small top section protectors.

If it was put over do you just disconnect the top 2 sections and stretch the elastic a bit for transportation?

W

Wolfman Woody

Yes, and you can buy a little horseshoe shaped device called a "Doobrey".

Each legg of the horseshoe fits down inside the pole sections and the elastic fits in the channel that you'll see on the Doobrey.

It just stops the pole sections from cutting the lackie.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Stuart I can see your problem as i have the same, What i do is pull out the bung as i retract the top section into the second section and keep hold of the connector and thread your elastic onto it. You need a doobrey as described earlier but that should do the trick. Good luck.

stuart geary

Reaction score
thanks all. Ive rang Maver and they confirmed that the top 2 sections on power tops are "put over" - this would solve my problem.

They have supplied incorrect information on their website. Silly really is this is the only info for the poles, as none is supplied with buying the new pole, and isnt mentioned on their pole dvd.

Thanks again for your help.

Time for me to test the pole out tommorow on Bestwood pond in notts :)

W

Wolfman Woody

The only test is -

if the bottom section fits into the top section - it IS a put over. It would never be like this and telescopic.

Maver should send you a replacement elastic now for the one you've ruined.

------------------------------------------------------------

The info on their website is misleading. What you sometimes get in a pole is a top three match kit as standard and that could have the top two (very short lengths) as telescopic. The third section is then a put-over.

When you then see the power top 2, they are always (I've never found any exception) put over only and their length together is about the same as the standard match top 3.

Andrew Turton

Reaction score
Preston innovations do an excellent top two tube which is split into two compartments and has a thicker divider to protect the elastic, you should be able to get these from most tackle suppliers, I think there about a fiver, well worth the money.

W

Wolfman Woody

Stuart - email me. I've just found a couple of spare Doobrey's. Let me have your address and I'll send them.