The Chub Study Group

• Thread starter John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.
  • Start date
J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

...eventually. At our recent Annual General Meeting C.S.G.members voted for the Group to have it's own web site VIEW HERE

A bit 'bare bones' at the moment but the site gives a good overview of the Group and how we operate.Members decided not to include aforum, for the time being.

Many thanks to all who have set up reciprocal links to the site

John Hepworth

Secretary C.S.G.

J

Thanks for the kind comments gents.

I did have a slight problem when the gallery stopped displaying. Even the programme developers couldn't sort the problem and I had to re write the entire site.

I would appreciate any feedback on how the site displays on different browsers.

I'll not have a word said against John. He's just transferred all Group records (from 1972 to date) to a database. Given that one member alone has recorded well over 1000 4lb+ fish and that we have had hundreds of members since 1972, that's some key tapping.

Another hero is Duncan kellet who has put the entire Group history on CD. Hopefully in the fullness of timeall of this information will be put on the web site, albeit in a closed members only area.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Nice web site John, as someone who is starting to build a web site, I know how much hard work you all have put in!

The Monk

Reaction score
What an excellent site John and well fitting for one of our National single specie groups, some of the photographs are excellent

The Monk

Reaction score
wpa53a5eec.png

this looks like an excellent book

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
Yes Monk,

That is worth a few quid now...

There's another CSG book in the pipeline, but it won't be ready for a season or so yet.

Trev

J

Only wish I'd bought 50-60 when they went 'remaindered' @ £2 each /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

J

Not many more weeks to go now now Graham, I'm sure it will have been worth the wait. Hopefully well all be taking some nice pictures. We have literally 1000's of big chub pic's, just a question of getting them converted.

I have a video clip of chub spawning on the Wear to go on the site, when I can find it.

On a 'get fit quick' regime in readiness for the 16th, not doing too well at the moment /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

derek2fisherman

Reaction score
hi,john i have left my tel no with you regarding membership,and i like the site particually the photo with peter stone and **** walker.cheers derek.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I must say that the chap in the back row with the shaven head and beard,cuts a dashing figure /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The geezer sitting down at the front looks a bit dodgy though /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

michael weedon

Reaction score
Great website lads. Some of you may remember me! Nice to see you are still at 'em Trevor. I remember fondly the sessions on the upper Ouse. Are you still using those great ugly caterpillars and are they still so deadly? Put me down for the next book when it comes out, or do I have to join up again (again) first?

J

That's what I thought Nick, a real dodgy looking geaza.

Sadly Mike, Trevor's supply of giant luminous blue bugs has dried up, at least that's what he is telling us. No doubt there will be others 'in development'

If anyone ever wonders why their tax bill is so high, the majority goes into bug research & development...or to give it it's proper name 'Trev'sChub Bait Co'

I'm sure Charlie will point you in the right direction Derek, that's after you have bought him a few single malts. Enjoyed the tale about DW.

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
Good to hear from you again Mike and I hope you are still regularly wetting aline.

My supply of the bigcaterpillars I used to grow has indeed come to an end (although I DO still havea rationed supplyleft in my freezer). I am currently investigating other ideas along similar lines thoughand have a few new new baits up my sleeve ready for next season.These are again bought as eggs and grown up specifically for my chub fishing(NOT collected from the wild). If anyone is interested in finding out more about my weird baits, read on...

Last summer I wascontactedby "Improve Your Coarse Fishing" to see if I would let them follow me on a chubfishing trip. A certain weary 'Mr John H' was the instigator of this phone call I believe/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif Anyway, the article will come out in the June edition of the mag (ie out at the end of this month). I think I'm likely to come over as a cross between Crocodile Dundeeand a mad scientist, but at least my CSG mates will have something to laugh about. These baitsARE very successful though and have caught me a great many chub since I started using them 14 years ago (including EVERY one of my top 10 fish).

Me?Mad? Neverrrrr!!!! Mooooooo!

michael weedon

Reaction score
John H how much are the first Chub Study Group books fetching? . . . . I might just have an immaculate one for sale

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
Mike,

The book usually goes for £100 or so on ebay, so in mint condition... who knows.

Anyway... selling your copy???? you traitor /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Trev