Best hat I ever owned.

dicky123

Reaction score
I've recently brought a Seeland out there hat for the winter. It's amazing, really warm and comfortable. Expensive but I value feeling warm, so for me worth the extra over those found on Ebay.

I do like a hat with a peak as I wear sunglasses a lot even in winter. I like to have my neck warm, and ears. This hat has it all. £35 worth the money it's also waterproof too.

Take a look. Uttings and co Seeland out there hat

Richard.

B

binka

It looks a sturdy hat does that Richard, I like the Keeper hat.

I'm still on my leather Rogue which I bought many years ago in St Ives, Cornwall and I'm not sure what to replace it with when it eventually gives way after many years good service.

The choice is compounded by the fact that I'm a very large hat size at around 63cm or XXL/XXXL depending on the manufacturer.

Can't say I've noticed having an oversized head so it must be all the knowledge it contains :wh ;) :D

associatedmatt

Reaction score
i have the same problem baseball caps dont fit me and if they do there is a 2inch gap a bove my ears

still looking for a fishing one

associatedmatt

Reaction score
been looking for a hat mainly for the summer but not come across anything suitable

nhs service

Reaction score
My most comfy hat is a floppy camouflaged one from a charity shop.
Other bonnies seem to have a problem fitting my gigantic head, thus confirming a long held opinion by my friends and relatives.
Basrball hats invariably leave me with the red striped forehead.
Wooly hats drive me mental with the itching.
Tricky things hats, thanks for the heads up. Pun intended.

dicky123

Reaction score
This one I brought is the biggest size they do. I too have a big head, so needs must.

Just a few weeks ago I found my face really bloody cold. The standard hat has flaps but it moves around (on my big head) as most hats do with me. Also most are just too small so I have to pull them tight, and anything tight brings the cold in. I was fed up with being warm all over apart from my face, ears. So hence the new hat that has a great clip that keeps it straight and warm.

I've also some good gloves. Tracker fold back fingers, and thumbs. Not too thick but very warm. I'm not a glove lover but these are excellent. I like I can walk to a frow from swim to swim with a full glove, then fold them back to fish, brilliant.

Wish I had all this great gear 40 years ago. The arthritis in my hips, hands and knees would not be half as bad. Roll on the summer:)

mikench

Reaction score
I normally wear a standard baseball cap and whilst i have several a white one i bought in Yosemite years ago is my fishing hat.

However in the cold weather it was of little use so I bought a thermal beanie hat with a peak and a Korean winter cap from Chapmans for £5. The latter coupled with a snood, keeps neck , ears and head warm. Without this extra gear and the Nash outfit I would stay home!

Binka must have a largish head to accomodate the devious and clever brain he possesses to create Christmas quizes!;)

rayner

Reaction score
Hats are a must for me.
I wear a bush hat in summer, a faux sheepskin earhole hat for cold and a base ball for windy days.
they all fit my bonce perfectly.
I never fish with my head naked.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I love a good hat/cap but I too suffer from having a larger than average bonce and struggle to find one that fits/is comfortable. Its taken me years to find ones I'm happy with.

In the winter [if I'm about] I tend to wear my faithful fleece lined cap with a Buff Hood to keep me lugs warm...though I've just purchased a rather splendid Nash Beanie which is both big enough, comfortable to wear and warm. Mrs S thinks I look like a tit in it but as I've said before get your butt [ and earholes] bankside and you'd soon change your tune.

When I'm fully layered up I don't feel cold at all but I do avoid extreme weather as I've become rather reptilian as I've got older....my legs just don't seem to move when its very cold.

In the summer its caps all the way and being a trite fisherman I have assorted Simms headgear which is not cheap but very good quality and above all they fit.

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I have a rabbit skin hat type that covers your ears and you see Russians wearing in the snow ! Can't hear much with ears down which is great !

May need to find a bucket hat to fit me for summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clodhopper

Reaction score
Hats only really become worthy of my deepest affections - and are thereby termed 'Best' - once they acquire a patina of greasy and otherwise objectionable stains. At this point, Mrs C. tends to 'tidy them' away and I never set eyes on them again. I acquired the current object of my affection (the hat; not Mrs. C.) on a trip to Texas. It is a baseball cap which was once a uniform shade of salmon pink but which now has the blotched and miserable appearance of a discarded Elastoplast. I will have to be on my mettle or it will be gone before Easter.

john step

Reaction score
A fiver buys an artificial fur lined waterproof ***** hat that has a chin strap and ear flaps from what passes as a gents clothing shop here abouts.....work clothes, shooting jackets , fleeces , wellies etc.

Doesn't matter what I look like. Not many people see me where I fish:D

PS The forum obviously didn't like my description as above so I will modify it to a NERDS hat.

Last edited:

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
My Favourite !!

428.JPG

View image in gallery

Bob

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Is there any point in that hat except to keep sun if head ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

associatedmatt

Reaction score
i wear Polaroids all time as i have to have proscription sun glasses and there not cheap and did wear a baseball cap .... well did before it accidentally got left on the roof of my van :eek:mg: