Float tubes for keeping your floats safe....

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just recieved a couple from ebay and they're spot on. I got them because my old pva tube is too short for some of my longer floats that I use when trotting and traveling light. This is the item number incase anyone is on the look out for something like this.....

john step

Reaction score
Looks just the job. At £6.49 inc postage for two.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, they're spot on John. If you know anyone who want's one they go cheaper the more you get and the post stays the same.
I've never seen any of these for sale in the tackle shops unless as thick as a rod tube and they've been a fiver or more!

Reaction score
When I go trotting I use a small sandwich box with bubble wrap inside,to preserve my precious Avon's,it fits perfectly in your pocket,or in a side pocket of a small fishing bag.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cut it down then...:)

It's too thick as well as being too long. For the price of a proper solid tube it's not worth faffing about with bits of rubbish....I know because i've been doing it for yonks ;).

lutra

Reaction score
I just recieved a couple from ebay and they're spot on. I got them because my old pva tube is too short for some of my longer floats that I use when trotting and traveling light. This is the item number incase anyone is on the look out for something like this.....

Yak, Cheap tat Ian. Get down B&Q while the weather is pants for 6' of 50mm bamboo (about a £5 I think) and make half a dozen nice looking ones.:D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yak, Cheap tat Ian. Get down B&Q while the weather is pants for 6' of 50mm bamboo (about a £5 I think) and make half a dozen nice looking ones.:D

How you doin Brian :D.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

How you doin Brian :D.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I also find this tube the perfect size to protect my hook links wrapped around pipe lagging.

jfovUhw.jpg

Another Dave

Reaction score
A five digit number to label it! Just how many of these do you have?

seth49

Reaction score
I’ve just used the tube that contained PVA mesh, bit of foam rubber in each of the end caps, works perfectly.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve just used the tube that contained PVA mesh, bit of foam rubber in each of the end caps, works perfectly.

I've been using one for years Seth but on the occassion that I need to take a longer float it won't fir in them. The ones I pointed out are just the job ;).

seth49

Reaction score
When the ossie tackle shop closed a few years ago, I bought three plastic rod tubes cheap, I just cut these to the length required, there ok for anything that needs protection.

Just do the same thing as the tubes you’ve bought.
I. Got some inch thick foam rubber sheet from Clitheroe market, which I also use to line plastic boxes to keep bite alarms etc in.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When the ossie tackle shop closed a few years ago, I bought three plastic rod tubes cheap, I just cut these to the length required, there ok for anything that needs protection.

Just do the same thing as the tubes you’ve bought.
I. Got some inch thick foam rubber sheet from Clitheroe market, which I also use to line plastic boxes to keep bite alarms etc in.

Rod tubes are too thick Seth, they take up way to much room in my roaving bag. The tubes I got the other day are much slimmer and so are easily stored in a small bag. The length of rod tubes cann be cut to size as you said but you can't reduce their circumfrance . Maybe other people have had access to this thinner tubing for years but i've never found it for sale in small lengths with caps until recently.