Big Clearout - Quality Gear

B

binka

After much deliberation I will shortly be having a ruthless clear out of anything which has either barely seen the light of day over the last season or doesn't figure in my plans for the coming season, if anyone's interested in any of the following before they go on Ebay then please drop me a PM, pictures can be arranged.

Aqua Fast and Light overnighter brolly - Excellent Condition, original model.
Complete with four Trakker storm poles, two short and two long (same as the Aqua poles but the Trakker have the better, metal knurled adjuster knobs instead of the plastic on the Aqua), original holdall, all original metal topped pegs and alloy screw in cap for when the centre pole is removed. Fully treated with Fabsil Gold within the last twelve months, very clean. SOLD

Trakker cookware - All in good, clean condition and perfect working order. Includes:
Trakker Titanium Stove (very light, compact and powerful, was their top of the range stove)
Trakker cookware set comprising of plates, cutlery, towel, bottle opene/corkscrew in a Trakker wallet
Trakker kettle, deep pan with lid and large frying pan with the fold down handle
Trakker 5 litre water bottle
Trakker 10 litre water bottle
Trakker 10 vaned wind shield
Trakker cook bag.
There is also a sturdy metal bivvy table with four adjustable, folding legs. SOLD

Large livebait bucket - Very good condition, Stillwater brand 40 x 40 x 25cm. Complete with lift out cage and Wychwood aerator pump. £20

Daiwa Emcast 5000BR x 2 - SOLD

Aqua Endura RS Rover Quiver- As new, holds up to 4 rods. SOLD

Greys GRXI 10' Spinning Rod 15 - 45grm - Very little use, complete with original cloth bag and hard, zipped tube. £65

Greys G-Lite 6' Light Spinning Rod 4 - 8lb - Very good condition, complete with original cloth bag. SOLD

Fox Royale Rucksack SOLD

Daiwa TDX 2508 Fixed Spool Reel - Good working order, seen some use. Two spare spools, three spools in all. SOLD

Hardy carbon quivertips - 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5oz, unused. There are two types, one with small and one with larger eyes for the heavier rods, these have the larger eyes. All Hardy quivertips will fit all Hardy tip rods. £20 each. SOLD

Hardy Carbon Quivertip 4oz - Small eyed version. SOLD

Hardy Marksman 13' Extreme Feeder Rod - Very good condition, little use. This is the original Marksman, not the later Supero and held the highest rrp of the original Marksman range when it came out at around £449. SOLD.

Plano Two Tier Adjustable Lure Box & Lures - Excellent condition. Selling as a job lot... Scores of soft lures and various size and weight jigheads, mostly Savage Gear. Will have to check but I suspect around a hundred in all plus other hard lures. SOLD

I think that's about it... For now! :D

PM please if interested, can accept PayPal but prefer cash on collection/meet around Nottinghamshire, Warwickshire & West Midlands area.

For postage please add 10% subject to confirmation depending on item.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
B

binka

Well...

That Bruce and Walker 1lb tc Hexagraph Cane Avon ain't gonna buy itself and whilst I have good gear sitting around gathering dust i'll never get one :)

Agree on the feeder rod Ian, I will be loathed to let it go but I can only recall using it twice in the last year and that was more for the sake of giving it an airing, I've still got other rods I could use instead.

If I do manage to shift all that gear I'm still gonna have to throw in a few more quid to get the rod I want but I've drawn the line in what I'm keeping with little use, I can't have both :eek:

Going through a bit of a funny phase at the moment, I wouldn't sell any of my other Hardys but the catching is coming a big second to how I go about it and what I use, in terms of the enjoyment I'm getting out of it.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well...
Going through a bit of a funny phase at the moment, I wouldn't sell any of my other Hardys but the catching is coming a big second to how I go about it and what I use, in terms of the enjoyment I'm getting out of it.

Yeph, I understand that Steve and have had spells of insanity like that myself ;).
The B&W rod is a cane rod so I don't think it will last long in your hands, not just because you have accidents with gear but because I think you catch too many larger fish too often for a cane rod to handle, especially as you like putting a serious bend in your rods :eek:mg:.

Keep the feeder rod bud.

B

binka

Mmmmm...

Must have...

Need one...

Deserve one...

Earned one...

:D

robtherake

Reaction score
Yeph, I understand that Steve and have had spells of insanity like that myself ;).
The B&W rod is a cane rod so I don't think it will last long in your hands, not just because you have accidents with gear but because I think you catch too many larger fish too often for a cane rod to handle, especially as you like putting a serious bend in your rods :eek:mg:.

Keep the feeder rod bud.

Ah, but is it? It's meant to ape the construction of a cane rod, with triangular sections bonded together to form a hexagonal blank, but the outer skins are made of layered carbon, cunningly disguised as bamboo. How bloody crafty, eh? ;)

B

binka

Ah, but is it? It's meant to ape the construction of a cane rod, with triangular sections bonded together to form a hexagonal blank, but the outer skins are made of layered carbon, cunningly disguised as bamboo. How bloody crafty, eh? ;)

And...

And...

Right...

All hollow, round glass and carbon blanks 'oval out' under stress unlike natural cane which retains its shape under load.

Oh yes sir-ee...

I've read the blurb and have fallen for it unquestionably and unconditionally, I looked it in the eyes and I am now under its spell :D

Hook, line and sinker to Bruce & Walker me thinks :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:
B

binka

Eh up...

Does anyone want to buy any of this gear or what? :D

You lead me down this path of fantasy... :p

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like your gonn'a have to use face book or ebay Steve. Bit of a waste of time on here for selling 'ewt bud.

B

binka

A couple of things sold today Ian but I think you're right about the rest.

I've not used Ebay to sell anything for years but I remember getting pi$$ed off with Paypal for holding onto money for a long time, is this still the case when someone pays?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A couple of things sold today Ian but I think you're right about the rest.

I've not used Ebay to sell anything for years but I remember getting pi$$ed off with Paypal for holding onto money for a long time, is this still the case when someone pays?

No Steve, the money goes straight into your paypal account, pretty sound, worst part is the fees to ebay and paypal which can rack up! I wouldn't start spending the coin until your sure the buyer has no issues.

robtherake

Reaction score
Might be worth trying Gumtree first, Steve. Anything of quality that's priced well seems to sell fairly quickly on there. I often put items on Gumtree before trying Ebay, seeing as it's a free service.

thecrow

Reaction score
PayPal hold onto your money for a while before it goes into your bank if that's where you want it to go, took over a week for just over a tenner to be transferred, they are currently holding onto £80 that will probably take the same amount of time.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Some sellers offer collection to buyers but I reckon this could be dangerous as it tells dodgy people that there is fishing tackle there ,it's not unknown for those of that ilk to use e bay and other selling sites to find addresses out.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
PayPal hold onto your money for a while before it goes into your bank if that's where you want it to go, took over a week for just over a tenner to be transferred, they are currently holding onto £80 that will probably take the same amount of time.

Ours is instant but paypal can take it back if the buyer has a problem with the item and wish to have a refund, that was why I said not to spend it before you know every ones happy.

Crow, the buyer has your address anyhow.

thecrow

Reaction score
Crow, the buyer has your address anyhow.

Oh no he doesn't :)

Seen it happen to often with moto cross stuff particularly when a bike is being sold, thieves feign interest come and have a look don't buy and the place gets burgled a couple of days later. last time I know of it happening 3 bikes went from a place in burton.

B

binka

Might be worth trying Gumtree first, Steve. Anything of quality that's priced well seems to sell fairly quickly on there. I often put items on Gumtree before trying Ebay, seeing as it's a free service.

Cheers Rob, never thought of that one.

Just put ads on for the feeder rod, overnighter brolly, bite alarms and cooking equipment along with all the relevant images.

Very quick and easy to register and get going.