Big Clearout - Quality Gear

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'm surprised the TDX reel hasn't sold, I'd buy it myself but have 3 already...
The 3 spools alone are worth £60 second hand (£40 each new from Daiwa)
Best reels I've ever owned...

B

binka

Yeah it's an odd one Simon, all nicely brimming with Pro Gold too.

Strange thing is I don't think it's been off its peg in the garage this season whereas the three predecessor 2503 Match S's have been in fairly constant use.

The Gumtree thing is going well, I've just had an enquiry on the three of the four items I've listed within the hour! :)

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

I think I owe Rob a pint :)

Got a bloke wanting to come tomorrow but I'm fishing so he's coming down Sunday, interested in the feeder rod, bite alarms, overnighter brolly, cooking gear plus the 10' GRXI spinning rod which I've not even listed yet :) :)

macko

Reaction score
Had it, got shot of, if you're going to spend that sort of money have a look at an Andrew Davis or Paul Cook cane rod.

ATB Macko

B

binka

There was a very nice Paul Cook offering on Ebay recently, can't remember which rod but it was significantly cheaper than the B&W.

My prospective buyer failed to show today, on reflection I think I got the local Gumtree nutter :eek:mg:

Either that or he forgot his name between stating it on his initial message and telling me completely differently on the phone :rolleyes:

thecrow

Reaction score
There was a very nice Paul Cook offering on Ebay recently, can't remember which rod but it was significantly cheaper than the B&W.

My prospective buyer failed to show today, on reflection I think I got the local Gumtree nutter :eek:mg:

Either that or he forgot his name between stating it on his initial message and telling me completely differently on the phone :rolleyes:

Steve I don't want to tempt fate but make sure the garage is secure overnight, not saying he is dodgy but its a tactic motorcycle thieves use to get addresses.

B

binka

Steve I don't want to tempt fate but make sure the garage is secure overnight, not saying he is dodgy but its a tactic motorcycle thieves use to get addresses.

Cheers Graham, will do.

Exactly the same thing crossed my mind too, he asked for an address back on Friday and I said I would give it to him as he was setting off on the day.

There are probably clever little ways of finding out anyway to those who go about that sort of thing but everything's on full lock down with attack squirrels at the ready :)

thecrow

Reaction score
with attack squirrels at the ready

Not so daft as it sounds, when I was a kid one bit me straight through the web of skin between my thumb and index finger, bled like hell while we were running from the keeper :) visit to A&E and a tetanus jab followed.

flightliner

Reaction score
Re: Bigr Clearout - Quality Gear

When I go on holiday anyone that tries to steel my gear will come badly unstuck, they're welcome to try if they want to.;)

B

binka

The feeder rod is now sold, put it on the bay at £225 + £16 p&p and I had an offer at £200 + £16 p&p with an additional offer to buy a further item which I can include when I send it all.

100% feedback buyer and it went within an hour or so of listing so hopefully all good :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The feeder rod is now sold, put it on the bay at £225 + £16 p&p and I had an offer at £200 + £16 p&p with an additional offer to buy a further item which I can include when I send it all.

100% feedback buyer and it went within an hour or so of listing so hopefully all good :)

I still think your mad Steve but well done and hopefully you'll sell all your advertised gear pronto and have the funds for your new rod :w :D.

B

binka

I listed this on Ebay today along with plenty of pictures, at a higher price of £100 and it went within what must have been less than five minutes :)

B

binka

When are you going to sell something I fancy ? Pots & Pans are not really my thing.

I've got a nice jar of eel oil in the garage Skip, a few years old too.

Bought it to inject into deadbaits and it might just deter the odd eel or two, could be ideal for such as your good self :p

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've got a nice jar of eel oil in the garage Skip, a few years old too.

Bought it to inject into deadbaits and it might just deter the odd eel or two, could be ideal for such as your good self :p

it sounds disgusting. All I need to deter eels is to keep away from that Clarke bloke. Its him they follow around...I'm just the innocent bystander.

thecrow

Reaction score
I purchased a couple of things off a bloke in a suit yesterday, we met in a services and he didn't look the same as the last time I saw him :eek: good stuff though to good to miss :D

B

binka

I purchased a couple of things off a bloke in a suit yesterday, we met in a services and he didn't look the same as the last time I saw him :eek: good stuff though to good to miss :D

I meant to message you this morning Graham, when I was rooting around in the garage I found the proper cloth bag that goes with your float rod so just remind me nearer the time and i'll bring it with me next time I see you.

I knew I had it somewhere, it was stuffed inside a Greys zipped tube :eek:mg:

thecrow

Reaction score
I meant to message you this morning Graham, when I was rooting around in the garage I found the proper cloth bag that goes with your float rod so just remind me nearer the time and i'll bring it with me next time I see you.

I knew I had it somewhere, it was stuffed inside a Greys zipped tube :eek:mg:

Thanks Steve hopefully wont be to long before we have another bash I am missing the sausages being on this diet I have been placed on by SWMBO :D

macko

Reaction score
There was a very nice Paul Cook offering on Ebay recently, can't remember which rod but it was significantly cheaper than the B&W

The seller is a member of the TFF forum, goes under the name Woodburnermatt
and I think it's still for sale. It's the 11ft Artisan perfection, 3 piece 1lb tc,
beautiful rod
The link http://www.artofangling.net/paul-cook-rods.html

ATB Macko

Last edited: