Summer Trent Barbel Fish-in

H

Herr General Swordsy

If we do Collingham again we could book the hot pegs, I didnt this time because I was unsure of the turn out and didn't want to be left with a mega bill

Paul B

Reaction score
count me in for another crack at 'em.

****y, swellings going down now mate and didn't have silent dinner tonight...lol.

Paul H, thanks for the ice cream!

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Hi all,

October would be good for another go for me, selfishly, I have no experiance of barble fishing in winter/floods so would love to see how it should be approached. I am going to give it a go anyway but some prior guidence would be appreciated. I dont know about anyone else but the 2nd or 3rd weekend in October is good for me.

Maybe a new thread should be started?

Which pegs at Collingham did you fish?

Cheers
Paul

T

tom riordan

Firstly well done everyone I am glad the Trent turned up trumps for most of you and you all had a good time over the weekend. Secondly I would like to apologize to Swordsy and Matt who hosted the Fishin, for not turning up to what would have been for me a local Fishin, I am afraid I had to visit my Father in hospital in Barnsley and it would have meant dragging my arse along the riverbank and setting up late into Saturday night, disturbing everyone.
Seen the thread for the next fishin so I will put me name down and make sure I get to it.

I

Ian "snotman" Foden

Well done to everyone, I had planned to get down after my day trip on saturday as I took 15 guys for a day out at Woodland Lakes, but ended up having to get a lift with two mates and ran out of time!

Those Rutilus sound great Bryan!

Definitely want to come to the next one Lee.

B

Big Swordsy :O)

I think we will bag up big time come autumn but one thing I will have with me come October will be a half gallon of maggots minimum.....I think I missed out on some serious sport without having the grubs with me

M

matt thomas

I echo that sentiment lee,the lee who was with me buys the bait and i drive and he rang me and said shall i get half a gallon of maggots and i said no . DOH!i fancy a medusas head on a size 12 will be a killer,especially with marine groundbait and dead mags in a pva stick

B

Big Swordsy :O)

YES, Matt you are a carbeller of the highest order!

FUSION BOY!

:O)

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Following on from Ron's write up, I've created a page on my website with photos from the fish in. It's here

ps. Graham, I sent you the photos - did they arrive?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Hey Matt, I notice that there are two of us wearing decent hats!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Paul, I was working at 11pm last night and I don't get any holidays or sick days!

I must admit though, if the conditions look good for fishing certain work might not get done straight away!

I'd still rather work in a bikini shop.