Chub Study Group

• Thread starter John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.
  • Start date
J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

For any experienced angler with a passion for chub fishing requiring information about The Chub Study Group, I am now Group Secretary, elected at our AGM held in Ringwood, Sunday 4th March.

The Group recorded a vote of thanks to retiring Group Secretary Aian Nairn.

Information about the CSG can be found at:
http://www.durhamanglers.co.uk/csg.html
(no CSG web site yet I'm afraid, but I'm working on them)
Ex members are very welcome.

For anyone wishing to write please address all communications to:

John Hepworth
244 Finchale Road
Durham City
Co Durham
DH1 5PR

Tel: 0191 3866000
E-mail: csg@durhamanglers.co.uk

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

good luck hope all go,s well will be looking at the site

E

Eeluslf Uslf

Congrats John.

Wish I was there at the AGM. Still doing up the house to sell and its taking its time and all my cash. aarrgghh!

Best wishes to all Chub Study Group members and ex members. For future members, I can really recommend joing the group.

honslow

Reaction score
Would join if I could. Press not allowed it would seem!

J

john conway

Congratulations John, sorry I couldn't make the AGM, see you at the next get together.

J

Thanks John and all, but Kevin, your suppoosed to catch chub, not eels.

Bit of advance notice; the autumn 'do' is on the Wear. That'll sort the men from the boys. Suggest you start some jungle warfare training, it'll be needed on some sections of the river.
Probably the first weekend in November as I'm hopeful of getting some salmon/sea trout water to fish.

neil mason 2

Reaction score
John, sign me up for that one. Cocken farm would be good, took some good fish while prawning for salmon last year.

J

john conway

John H, I'll make sure the autumn do doesn't clash with the next winter Ribble fish-in.

J

Looking at the first weekend in November John. We will not be any inconvenience to the game anglers then.

J

Just for Group members; I managed to get about 12-15 miles of game water not normally coarse fished plus a fair chunk of the middle and lower Wear.
To confirm, the weekend will be 2nd - 4th November. Details will be published in the August Chevin.
Meeting point will be same as the last time we had a get to-gether on the Wear back in 1996, The Avenue Inn, High Shincliffe, where the bar stayed open 'till 5-45 on the Sunday morning.

Paul Flint

Reaction score
Well done, John! What goes around comes around; you were secretary when I joined the CSG in 1988(?). Will try to get up to the Wear in November.

J

john conway

I?ll be up Friday night in time for last orders, and fishing both Saturday and Sunday. Look forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully catching a few Chub.

J

Hi Paul/John, When the river has been fishable its fished well. A friend had a 6-2 a couple of weeks ago (not big by National standards but a very good fish for the Wear) plus some unseasonable big roach have been coming out.

Should be a win win situation in November; if the weather is still mild there will be a good chance of a few $arbel as well as chub, if the frosts have started the big dace will have started to shoal up.

I do recall that you had car problems on your honeymoon about that time Paul...I'm not only built like an elephant :eek:)

I've been promised a new knee for later in the year so I could be hobbling about on crutches by November.

T

The Monk

Would join if I could. Press not allowed it would seem!

surely thats not right Greg, I`ve always thought the CSG was one of our more professionally orientated groups open to all

Paul Flint

Reaction score
That's some memory, John! Fortunately, that car is long gone, though the wife remains the same!! Your predictions about the Wear are exciting.

J

...though the wife remains the same!!

Not sure how to take that, Paul. :eek:)

Already had a couple of members book in at Durhams only 'posh' hotel, The Royal County. Well, Keith Arthur has stayed there so it must be posh.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

John, is it correct that the press are not allowed to join the CSG, or just certain elements of the press?