Chub Study Group

• Thread starter John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.
  • Start date
J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

We have several members who could be loosly classed as 'the press'
The Group Constitution can be found HERE

T

The Monk

Thanks John, it seems fairly transparent and what you would expect from a national representative single specie organisation, and nice to see the tradition of the original Chub Specimen Group still lives on. None of the old non-existant university type group stuff who met up in telephone boxes rubbish which we had back in the 70s thank God. Angling is for all of course and congradulations again on your post John. I picked up on the journalist bit because I spent a few years in journalism and spent much of my free time promoting angling for the masses, both at national and local level, journalists have done much to promote the sport over the years of course.

J

To dispel any rumours that we may have a ban on certain applicants, below is an application from abroad recently published in the Group magazine.

Had it not been for FishingMagic we could have missed out on a new member/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Hi, My name is Borat, I live in Kazakhstan. I am seeing Dave Slater on FishingMagic.com He catches many chub, he eat very well, I wish to join Chub Study Group.I am coming England soon for political asylum, when I arrive Tony Blair kiss both cheeks, give me nice hotel room, much monies, free medicine. You Engleesh very generous, welcome all people, we all come England.

In my country most people are fishing the carp but I like chub, have very good recipe for otter, nice!

People in Kazakhstan fish nets and traps, but I prefer spear gun. You show me where to find many fat chub in England.I am coming get-together in Engleesh pub, drink many litres warm beer, kill goat, share wife. I have many friends in Kazakhstan wish come England also.

BoratKazakhstan

e-mail:Boratmakebenefitgloriousnationofkazakhstan.kz

T

The Monk

lol, sound like an ideal member John, get him signed up/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

Seriously, I only lifted the letter from the Group magazine.

Very well informed is Borat, did you know that his region of the world has it's own sub-species of chub.

He gave a lot more information about himself than have some letters of applicationwe have received/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif