Morale booster

Aknib

Reaction score
Anyone remember this?

Playing a Pike on a tiny telescopic pen rod which I'd been given for my birthday, it must be over ten years ago now...

Time flies when you're having fun :)

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
It was indeed Hugh and the pic shows er indoors just last February. It was warm sunshine and we had eaten lunch in one of our favourite little restaurants on the front. It seems so long ago.

It's a lovely place, sort of a traditional / old fashioned seaside resort, much quieter than Nice or Cannes. We had some great holidays there a while back.

bracket

Reaction score
In an attempt to relieve the boredom I had a sort out of stuff that has not seen the light of day for 50 years. So here, from a bygone era are a sample of floats we used way back when, for those who can remember.

20200417_123915.jpg

These are from a collection of around fifty I unearthed, looked at, reminisced and than replaced from whence they came. Pete.

mikench

Reaction score
We go there regularly Hugh. We park adjacent to the volley ball court facing back to Nice and walk in and often to the bridge over the river near the racecourse. We then go down under the bridge and walk along the beach into the marina in Villeneuve Loubet. After a coffee we walk back along the road. I often go fishing there just past the marine reserve.

Reaction score
Anyone wanting a boost in morale needs to watch Terry Hearns videos on the Thames on youtube,now I dont like carping films,but he brings it over really well,seems a really decent bloke to boot

Watched three more of Terry's vids this morning,telling the tales of his campaigns on certain stillwaters,very entertaining and he seems the sort of guy you would like to chat fishing with...

Aknib

Reaction score
This brought a bit of a lump to my throat.

Back in the other job I had a really chancy coincidence where, unbeknown to me for many years, a very nice lady conveyancer who I had known for a long time was married to Jan Porter's best mate and they used to have jamming sessions together on the guitars, this came to light after all of those years of visiting her as I'd probably done scores of times before and as a result of a general conversation about what we'd been doing over the weekend.

Given that this was seventy or eighty miles from my homeland and Jan's old Trent stamping ground I thought it was quite unlikely but on the following visit she produced this for me...

That's not a signature that could be forged easily!

Through Jan's battle with illness I was kept informed and it was indeed a sad time, after his passing I was given a rod which I still have, Jan had been prototyping it for Shimano up until becoming ill.

A really nice bloke and a very talented angler.

Aknib

Reaction score
These are from my brief jigging escapades and thank God that's behind me, I can't think of a time where my fishing felt so unfulfilled...

love u with all my heart poems

I think you've got to be on the right waters to get any fulfilment from this, arguably some of mine were the right waters but I still never got any!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A brief “escapade”. A box full of lures and jig heads arranged with military precision, only a Binka is capable of that.:)

Aknib

Reaction score
Lure fishing's just not my thing John.

A decent lure caught river Pike, it took an Aldi lure that I won in a raffle. The only reason I took it was that I knew the river would be carrying a fair bit of colour and it was the brightest thing I had :eek:mg:

Reaction score
Blimey Jez,that is a large JD...

Having only actually met you the once,I can recognise you from that,you havnt changed that much in xx amount of years...

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm a bit taller now Alan and wear a different coat, still prefer straight glasses though - taken at my Grandad's local, The Crown at Broxbourne. He had a house backing onto the Lea during the 30's-50's both him and my dad were very knowledgeable anglers ......

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pass this on my daily walk, always raises the spirit.

rayner

Reaction score
I've been racking my brain to think of something to boost my morale and came up with nothing apart from getting back to the bank with my tackle.
I'm resigned that nothing else will do.
Things aren't getting any better coz I've sat and watched Superman, Superman 11 and now Superman 111 is on at the moment.
HELP ME.