Morale booster

Aknib

Reaction score
A decent floodwater Chub of around 5lb taken in a nearside slack on a lump of smelly cheese.

I had several good fish that day and it's one of the last few fish I caught just before the end of the river season...

photo hosting sites

Aknib

Reaction score
Two different River Trent Perch.

Both topped 3lb and demonstrate their stocky, powerful and bull shouldered shape along with a possible family connection when you study the stripe patterns...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are lucky in Whitstable to have our very own Banksy, calls himself Catman and nobody ever sees him painting his various pieces around Whitstable, they just magically appear overnight.

Passed this on today’s walk in town.

Last edited:

The Runner

Reaction score
A couple of PBs...

Tench, 9lb exactly, from the old Match Lake at Farlows
008.jpg

and Catfish (no idea what species), Sibulan River, Nagcarlan, Philippines; travel rod, half ounce bomb and a bit of snail. Had PB tilapia the same morning....
2010662331_Catfish.jpg

Aknib

Reaction score
Just for contrast, this is the nearest thing I get to anything tropical... A storm which resembles one :)

The Runner

Reaction score
Two more PBs
Barbel, 10-3-8, Colne at Rickmansworth. On pole, no 5 elastic, .09 hooklength and a fine wire 20...
417.jpg

And Shubunkin, 1-6, Colne at Uxbridge. On a bad hair day.
218.jpg

The Runner

Reaction score
Yes, they used to have some cracking tincas in the match lake during the 00s.....................

Yep, could have a really good day on them on the right swim, generally with big pots of chop and caster fed next to any tree or bush in the water. Rule of thumb used to be to fish about 4 ft past where you could last see the bottom.
It was odd to see the change in their behaviour in the last couple of years it was still a match lake when they started putting loads of carp in- suddenly started catching the tench well out on the feeder, which had been vanishingly rare previously.
Really missed the matches on there- for a good while was a pretty unique venue

Keith M

Reaction score
Just for contrast, this is the nearest thing I get to anything tropical... A storm which resembles one :)

Reminds me of when I and several others volunteered for a survival coarse in the Malayan jungle back when I was in the RN; and we got stranded in monsoons and we got stuck there over Christmas waiting for the floods to subside so we could get out.
We thoroughly enjoyed it though and we got the ship drop us some food and beer via one of the ships choppers (which couldn’t land anywhere they told us).

Keith

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Alan Scotthorne helping England to win the world champs in 2001. I quite rudely told someone to get their ***** head out of the way so I could take the photo and then realized it was Sandra Halkon Hunt :eek:mg:

Scotthorne .jpg

Reaction score
Alan Scotthorne helping England to win the world champs in 2001. I quite rudely told someone to get their ***** head out of the way so I could take the photo and then realized it was Sandra Halkon Hunt :eek:mg:

View attachment 8817

Im surprised she didnt tell you to f### off,or punch you,not a softy is Sandra...

Aknib

Reaction score
I remember this one well, not least for how deep it was for a sun bronzed Summer fish.

Caught trotting double red maggot with the 15' float rod...