Oi! Get Out of My Sea-Trout Pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicepix

Reaction score
I thank you. If it was supposed to be a limerick then it would read like a limerick. Instead it's just some rubbish with the word bus shoehorned into it.

Have one on me:

There was an old fellow called Boote
Who travelled the Colne Valley bus route
He met a lady quite dishy
Who said he smelled fishy
And asked if he were destitute.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Careful many will perceive this as bullying , my own personal taste means I don't think we should refer to anyone's personal circumstances.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure what all the mystery is about sea trout, I cut my teeth on them in the Dee and the Ceiriog.

Seem to recall them being a bit suicidal so long as you didn't spook them. Good eating though.

greenie62

Reaction score
Careful many will perceive this as bullying , my own personal taste means I don't think we should refer to anyone's personal circumstances.

Spot on Benny,
Having been skint in the recent past, probably technically destitute, temporarily blind, and with no car (thank heavens they cry) I can verify that this is not a state to be mocked - and it did rather dent my ability to fish.

Now with my site restored, my pension available, and with a car again - I can enjoy my fishing. I still have memories of the less-favourable times and can sympathise with others who find themselves in unfortunate straits. Shame on those who think it is to be mocked!

nicepix

Reaction score

I accept what you are saying. But consider that the subject chooses to ram his somewhat edited personal circumstances down our throats at every conceivable opportunity.

Some might view it as re-dressing the balance, or preventing the forum from degenerating into a personal self-flaggulation site.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
The problem is Paul does dish it out like a hungry hungry troll and , attempts , to be terrifically insulting on many occaisions , anyway at least come the warmer weather comes we can all return to talking about fishing.

nicepix

Reaction score
The problem is Paul does dish it out like a hungry hungry troll and , attempts , to be terrifically insulting on many occaisions , anyway at least come the warmer weather comes we can all return to talking about fishing.

And there is the crux; he doesn't talk about fishing. As you found out when you recently asked him for some fishing input on a thread. It is all about 'him' not fishing. Fishing is just an excuse to self-flagellate.

greenie62

Reaction score
....Some might view it as re-dressing the balance, or preventing the forum from degenerating into a personal self-flaggulation site.

Just 'cos someone is into self-flagellation doesn't mean they are inviting you to p*ss and cr*p all over them! Just leave them alone to whatever they are into as long as they don't hurt you!

nicepix

Reaction score
Just 'cos someone is into self-flagellation doesn't mean they are inviting you to p*ss and cr*p all over them! Just leave them alone to whatever they are into as long as they don't hurt you!

If you don't mind being used as a stooge for someone's personal program of social climbing then fine. But I do mind. And this is a forum, not a one way soap box. Whatever is posted is open to debate and question.

greenie62

Reaction score
... And this is a forum, not a one way soap box. Whatever is posted is open to debate and question.

- and - as in the classic fora - being ignored - or answered with .....
..... silence!​

bennygesserit

Reaction score
There was an angler named gesserit
Who wrote a limerick but made a mess of it
"My lines just wont scan "
"Its all gone down the pan "
"i'd better write a poem and confess to it "

Hmmmmm quite clever but not really very funny if only my name was Corker

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He muses, apropos of nothing at all, privately, to his God-like self, in his own thread that will be read and passed around by a lot of experienced sea-trouters and decent flyfishers (it's already been seen in West Wales by a man who once fished with me in the Argentine south and copied and passed on privately): some Brits would make perfect Worst Sort Argentines ... grudge-filled and envy-consumed, likely to go off without provocation and unable to get over whatever - whether it was yesterday, or today or tomorrow - is presently eating them out, very often on account of the realisation that, however much sound and fury they might put out, they count for nothing among decent, able people.

Ah yes, they're all here, and so like the Worst Sort Argentines - believing that they're winning when they're really being hammered, believing they're digging for victory when it's really their own graves they are ever-deeper excavating....

nicepix

Reaction score
There was a young fellow called Nicepix
In the land of onions and garlics
Who catches French moles
thought safe in their holes
and before he used to catch convicts.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Ah yes, they're all here, and so like the Worst Sort Argentines - believing that they're winning when they're really being hammered, believing they're digging for victory when it's really their own graves they are ever-deeper excavating....

There was an old boy from Uxbridge
Who was forever taking umbrage
It was adoration he sought
But it all came to naught
Because of his tiny personage

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Such a sweetie. Compulsive Boote Disorder with a Worst Sort Argentine - Yorkshire twist, I reckon - viz:

Q: How does an Argentinian commit suicide?

A: He climbs to the top of his ego and jumps off.

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

My limerick wasn't a dig at you at all sir, I used the Paul to get others thinking it was another about you but in the last line I turn things around and like all the best humorists make the but of the joke myself

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There was an odd fellow called Paul
Who rarely did anything at all
But sit in his flat
And look like a prat
While trying to Lord it over us all.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Handful of now very predictable knockers here who almost certainly have never had lots and frequent fun with multiple sets of real ones (in between - and occasionally actually whilst - catching some very desirable fish). Life's designated small fry desperately crying "Eat me, eat!" to a great predator as a true understanding of their tiny insignificance kicks in.

"Sorry, Spratty Boy, I've already eaten."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.