Reaction score
We all know a self-venerator
Who thought he was the greatest piscator
But he couldn’t be found
Near stream, lake or pond
Because he was only a computer orator

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Just a Master at catching vicious little third-raters and fools - as has been proved in this thread.

Bloody hell Paul do you run on Duracell , you must be playing the long game , waiting for everyones foot to get tired from kicking your arse.

Why not just put them on ignore ?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bloody hell Paul do you run on Duracell , you must be playing the long game , waiting for everyones foot to get tired from kicking your arse.

Why not just put them on ignore ?

Oh yes, a VERY long game. It comes with a first-class Classical education, a quick, ever-connecting, highly retentive, flexible and well-honed mind and the firm belief that anonymous bullies should always be revealed for what they are, wherever they appear, and that this silly ever-running internet spat of mine with a handful of unmoderated antagonists is a symptom of a far wider, people-controlling and -silencing mindset, not to mention a sure sign of such people's carefully kept private, profound contempt for their fellow man.

I have never ignored bashers, shouters-down and bullies, I have always confronted them and run them off, once putting one 17-year-old bully's head into the jaws of a basement workshop vice for an afternoon when I was at school. I was 15 and a mere squit, the thug, a hulking size-13 boot 6ft 4in, was routinely using his size to terrorize and beat the hell out of little new boy 13-year-olds. This, I decided, had to stop.

And he did stop when me and another 15-year-old "had a word with him."

"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Dream on. It is other people's words that shape how we think and live our lives. Always be keenly aware of others' words and of the people delivering them. If they somehow don't ring true, analyse the lot, not merely for real meaning but also the reason(s) behind their airing.

Ignore? To sit back and let that Clive Kenyon / Nicepix / ex-policeman fella, a man I don't know from Adam, say what whatever he wants to about me, even to dig out then publicly publish the maiden name of my first, divorced two decades ago, wife? Yer what?

Not the sort of present and future world that many of us would care to live in, I reckon.

So, no packing my bags and saying goodbye to the circus from me. That's all.

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
There was an expat in Charente,
Writing Limericks wasn't his wont,
His rhymes didn't rhyme
most of the time,
Nor make any sense, what a ****!

;)

flightliner

Reaction score
Hang on hang on- can you two slow down a bit until I can wipe the spilt beer off my keyboard ! lMHO here ??????????????????????????????

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
Just a thought, but maybe could the main protagonists in this thread ( and all of the similar ones), just ****ing grow up a bit.

You all post good stuff that is interesting and we enjoy reading (Nicepix, Paul B both do), but this sort of stuff is like 5 year-olds - FFS take a look at yourselves!

I really like this site but all this sort of stuff just makes it pointless. If you disagree with someone, just be big enough to ignore - rather than post pointless, personal rubbish that no one needs to see.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Just a thought, but maybe could the main protagonists in this thread ( and all of the similar ones), just ****ing grow up a bit.

You all post good stuff that is interesting and we enjoy reading (Nicepix, Paul B both do), but this sort of stuff is like 5 year-olds - FFS take a look at yourselves!

I really like this site but all this sort of stuff just makes it pointless. If you disagree with someone, just be big enough to ignore - rather than post pointless, personal rubbish that no one needs to see.

Hugh its been going on for ten years it will never end , still its not as bad as Fred Bonney VS Tony Rocca thats like some epic Russian Novel

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Do please be aware, Hugh, that if the gent concerned could stop his jibes for once and for all (he has spent a decade following me from site to site to deliver them, some of them mind-bogglingly, "Oh you poor desperate devil", laughably rude), this nonsense would end in an instant. I have NEVER been the initiatior of any of the exchanges in this long-running run-in, so look to the person who could end it at once merely by buttoning his loose lips and learning a little self-control.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Do please be aware, Hugh, that if the gent concerned could stop his jibes for once and for all (he has spent a decade following me from site to site to deliver them, some of them mind-bogglingly, "Oh you poor desperate devil", laughably rude), this nonsense would end in an instant. I have NEVER been the initiatior of any of the exchanges in this long-running run-in, so look to the person who could end it at once merely by buttoning his loose lips and learning a little self-control.

Nicepix why don't you put Paul on ignore ?

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
FFS! He said this - you said that - it's ****ing over! Don't respond - ignore - it's really simple!

Can you not see that this is like a load of kids telling tales about what each other have done!

It doesnt reflect well on any of you - it makes you all seem very small minded

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, Hugh, your (post # 36) "grow up, children" posting just won't wash.

I had been toodling along quite pleasantly here, on and off (been a member for ten years) until it all went full metal jacket soon after the arrival of a certain new member.

Check my postings on this site - purposely "mad" and madcap, light-hearted, informative and, above all, tolerant and "human".

Love fishing and people. Always made love not war.

You know how to make this nonsense stop.

Reaction score
Well Mr B, given your years of experience as an angler and that you've been a member of FM for ten years, we should be able to find countless examples of your posts where you offered help and advice to others. Er...um....er....difficult to find amt amongst the indecipherable clap trap and stories about you.

I've been a member of FM for years too. I don't frequent other forums and I haven't chased you from forum to forum. I only know you from you web persona on FM, which I won't elaborate on as it speaks for itself.

greenie62

Reaction score
... this is like a load of kids telling tales about what each other have done!
It doesnt reflect well on any of you - it makes you all seem very small minded

Totally agree Hugh,
I have complained about this playground bullying on this and related threads for the last few months - it's about time it stopped - or the Mods made good on their threat of the other week and started taking some firm action.

Glad to find it's not just me then - that's fed up with the same handful of playground bullies!

Status
Not open for further replies.