How did you get on?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His name wasn't a co-incidence, "Rod" loves angling and has written many a good tune about his passion.
My favourite being "An old Barbour won't ever let you down"

I'll get me coat. (A Barbour naturally)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can't stand him myself but if Ian recommended him??? - didn't know they sold his DVDs as well...................... ..;)

Unlike fishing lines, i'll agree about Rod Stuart....his whining burns me ears out :eek:mg:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
No secret Ian as the wife never looks in here. A Hardy Marksman Supero 14ft float arrives next week ready for my trotting forays. When I bought it I had forgotten I had made a bid for one of the original Marksman 14ft float:) Thankfully I have now been outbid:) Even I can have too much of a good thing:rolleyes: its good knowing you Ian but expensive:rolleyes:

I am thrilled with the rod Stuart and just hope I can do it justice. I hate the epithet " all the gear but no idea"

Very nice indeed Mike, I'm sure you'll do it justice, just practice mate, don't know if you have or not but f you've not used a rod at 14 ft before it's surprising how much easier it is to trot on the rivers :D

Be lucky

flightliner

Reaction score
A local venue for a few roach yesterday, but with no luck by noon I jumped ship and went to another water on the same day ticket, a commercial.
first cast gave me a tench before the pastie carp move in making things fast and furious.
The sun on the water didnt help and after an hour I retreated back to the car for my sunglasses .
My tally before I left for home was four tench, one perch, two roach, a bream and some thirty odd pastie carp, all a bit too easy really but the place had done its job along with the sun that gave me a splitting headache,( must remember to leave my polaroids in my ruckie).
If the weather changes to dull, windy and mild I will have another go at the original venue for the roach next week.

B

binka

I’ve been done up like a kipper!

Following a few productive perch sessions I ended up back on the same water this morning after convincing my mate, who picked me up at just gone six, that this was the place to be and the area to be in for a few of his beloved rat fish.

I was sticking to my guns and going after the perch.

It was a very scenic ride with the low, dawn sun occasionally appearing through the freezing fog and white over fields but the measly temperature of -1 told me what to expect and my worst fears were confirmed as we took our first look into the large gravel pit where we could practically make out every pebble in over ten feet of water.

Buqqer!

Still, you’ve got to be in it to win it.

Eight hours later to two rods apiece, fished in the most diverse ways and distances to one another, and we hadn’t had a single knock between us… That’s thirty two rod hours without a bite and we weren’t the only ones by a country mile.

I’ve said it before, I still think the fish get caught out when we get the first prolonged period of nice daytime weather and with no better plan they decided to enjoy the day doing the back stroke and I for one can't blame them.

That’s my excuse anyway, and I’m sticking to it.

All the same it was a beautiful day to be out, from full on winter gear I ended up losing the bib ‘n brace and going down to shirt sleeves for the first time this year and the face is tightening slightly with a rosy sheen from the glare bouncing off the water.

Something fitting perhaps given that the clocks go forward tonight for the much awaited start of British Summertime… :w

mikench

Reaction score
It was indeed a lovely day and I too discarded the warm jacket and sat in shirt sleeves watching the courting grebes, the violent pink footed geese( the wife wouldn't like their technique at all) and the coots. The fishing wasn't bad either!

A great day to be out and about ; shame about the flooded track to the lake , it ruined my spotless paintwork and blacked tyres!!!;)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Haven't been out for.... at least 11 days.... bored!

Here's one I caught earlier......... much earlier :eek:mg:

9lb_14oz.jpg

View image in gallery

mikench

Reaction score
Cool man ! Those were the days Neil!!:)
Hardy Gordy man https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHV8Wzldlck
---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Very nice indeed Mike, I'm sure you'll do it justice, just practice mate, don't know if you have or not but f you've not used a rod at 14 ft before it's surprising how much easier it is to trot on the rivers :D

Be lucky

I have never trotted Stuart well not knowingly!!

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Sun Visor and Button Up Cardi if you please :eek:mg:

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Yep! Very early 1970's :eek:

Ha ha ha.......My apologies. On closer inspection i can see it is a visor. Fancy me mistaking that dodgy Barnet for a hat. :D

Clearly this pre dates bankside inspections by the Barbel Police :wh

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Just about made the dozen mark today at the pool .

1 decentish perch couple of similar roach then sardine tin fillers .

Water was Cold wind was making life difficult to put it mildly fish one way wind moves round fish to suit moves again got sick of it so came home .

I hate wind :mad: .

PG ...

mikench

Reaction score

Water was Cold wind was making life difficult to put it mildly fish one way wind moves round fish to suit moves again got sick of it so came home .

PG ...[/QUOT

So do I! In fact I think wind is the worst condition of them all:rolleyes:

Last edited:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score

PG ...[/QUOT

So do I! In fact I think wind is the worst condition of the all:rolleyes:

Yep in ALL it's variying forms and causes :wh :wh :wh

Fired onions beef burgers backed beans tempreture inversions ect ect ect ....

PG ...