Lost items in lakes/rivers

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
I must own up to my most recent " loss " , not long ago on Cakeys auction , I won a large landing net which belonged to Wobbly Face ( Ged ) .
It was nice and light and so I took it with me to Blenheim , looking forward to netting some big tench :rolleyes: , after moving a couple of times , I noticed that my new landing net which I had never used , was not on the boat , it had gone over the side at some point , oh suger .:eek:

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
I've lost all manner of favourite items over the years but nothing upsets me more than the couple of really memorable big fish I've lost at the net. :(

On the plus side I once won £90 on a horse in a race at Sandown, watching it on a hand-held TV with the volume turned down while several big carp wallowed in front of me on the shallows at Redmire.

(.... c'mon get over it you purists. :D)

strut5a

Reaction score
Ive been lucky ......lost nothing
Ive found umbrellas ,loads of weigh slings,a rod pod,and a couple of weeks ago a solar bankstick with buzz bar two alarms and swingers which went straight on the clubs site and no one has claimed yet...........

I've lost umbrellas, loads of weigh slings, a rod pod and only a couple of weeks ago a solar bankstick with buzz bar, two alarms and swingers.
I hope that if anyone ever finds them they will return them to me, I dont mind sharing the postage.:wh

WesleyPipes

Reaction score
I once went fishing in the beutiful sun in my panama hat only for the clouds to roll in and the wind to pick up and take my hat with it into the middle of the lake.

strut5a

Reaction score
I once went fishing in the beutiful sun in my panama hat only for the clouds to roll in and the wind to pick up and take my hat with it into the middle of the lake.

I wish I'd been there, I could have arranged for someone to walk out and retrieve it for you. On second thoughts, anyone who wears a panama hat deserves all he gets.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

name the lake and your in..............;)

I can't remember the exact place but it was somewhere near a little one horse town called Cheshunt, everywhere down South looks the same to me.:)

Last edited:

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I've been fairly lucky, not lost anything nor found anything.... I break even on the bait used to fish caught too :)

strut5a

Reaction score
Doh!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Pole sections, whip sections ,keepnet ..empty,800 disgorgers 8 million plummets

So you are the one responsible for rising water levels, good job your not a sea angler.

WesleyPipes

Reaction score
I wish I'd been there, I could have arranged for someone to walk out and retrieve it for you. On second thoughts, anyone who wears a panama hat deserves all he gets.

If you make you feel better I have also lost the leather rex hunt style cowboy-esque hat I bought while in Chile. I didn't mention it origonally because I managed to lose it between the house and the bank and have no idea where.

strut5a

Reaction score
If you make you feel better I have also lost the leather rex hunt style cowboy-esque hat I bought while in Chile. I didn't mention it origonally because I managed to lose it between the house and the bank and have no idea where.

No comment!:):):)