Lost items in lakes/rivers

strut5a

Reaction score
No, we were in an overloaded boat going across a Lough from an island to the bank and the boat started to sink half way across ---we lost a lot of camera equipment and very nearly us and all our tackle

Don't want to get your tackle wet at your time of life Ed. It could cause shrinkage and make it go all wrinkly.

quattro

Reaction score
Got home after a sea fishing trip to find my 200quid Zziplex beachcaster was missing. Drove back over 30 miles, no sign of it, never did find it. That'll teach me to waste my time and money on a particularly useless pursuit:rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Lost my temper a few times but don't think that counts):D

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
A large Abu lure box full of choice lures. We were caught out in a thunderstorm, my mate who was fishing further along the reservoir hot footed it back to the car and sped round to pick me up. Totally drenched I threw the rod in the back, and jumped in the car and we moved off. We had travelled no more than three hundred yards before my mate looked round and asked. ''Did you put the lure box in?'', ''Oh **** no''. Within minutes we were back at the spot, but the box was gone.

Today most of those lures are changing hands for big bucks. Any prizes for the biggest numpty of this thread.

Colin North the one and only

Reaction score
I lost a pole section that seemed to launch itself like a torpedo. This was at the start of a match. At the end of the match, Sue came round too see what I'd caught and I told her about my pole section. I asked her to sit on my box and watch the gear whilst I went home for some swimming trunks. I said that she might as well fish, so she got her own pole out and promptly launched a section into the same swim. Now two poles with missing sections, neither of which were recovered, despite valiant attempts by both of us.