Cheers Spiders

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
How does AW keep his job when the gooners haven't won anything for, what is it 5 years......................:wh

Reaction score
when did TH last play in the champions league?

Fair point but TH have won more silverware than the gooners recently......and its evident that, rather like the Bulgarian, Rumanian or Hungarian champions, Arsenal are there to make up the numbers. Mind you how can any league which claims to be a Champions league allow clubs that aren't Champions into the competition. And then fix the draw so the rich clubs with worldwide commercial arms always get to the later rounds (if they're any good....unlike Liverpool)...problem is this b*llsh*t system is creeping into Rugby League and Union.....you bust a gut all season to top your league and then some t*ssp*t decides to have a knock-out system with a Grand Final...all money and no heart!

Right, I feel better....morning all!

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
arsenal are there to make up the numbers.

piffle!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

How does AW keep his job when the gooners haven't won anything for, what is it 5 years.....................

Because he pays his taxes and doesn't run the risk of getting 'banged-up' for a while?

Because his teams consistantly make the Champions League? (unlike the other North London club)

Because 60,000 plus fans turn up every week to watch some of the best football in the land?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was talking to my brother-in-law (the one in the same area of work as you PJ) - do you get access to the Total Executive's Dining Area......the one that's as good as a 3 star Michelin restaurant???? Can you imagine what sort of Subway the Monk would order in there??? (Gosh that's an old thread which brought much pleasure!!!)

Industrial action...come on PJ..that's part of the sheer joy of living and/or working in France...makes the Industrial unrest of the 1970's over here look like the amateurs we were (with the possible notable exception of Grunwick!!)

And as you're not too happy at the present...just for you...a trophy you can aim for...http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2544/3875284878_d1a3993665.jpg

:):w:wh

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
- do you get access to the Total Executive's Dining Area......the one that's as good as a 3 star Michelin restaurant????

Yes, I've been to the new one in the 'tower' several times and have to admit, it is pretty good.

Not sure if they would let the Monk in wearing his habit.
He'd be happy at the MaccieD's in Roissy though, as much BBQ sauce as you like, just ask for it.

As for Strikes here in France, if its not the Metro people then its the RER, or if not them its the Bus drivers, and almost monthly now the ATC's.

They are striking in fear of potential job losses when the 6 Central European Countries amalgamate their ATC's.

Daft or what?
Currently 50% of all flights from Orly and 25% of all flights from Roissy are cancelled!
And all this during the French half term holidays . . . . nice!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well at least we have won something in the last 5 years, unlike the gooners.

Yup, the Carling cup and finished 12th in the PL the same season, and about as close to European Football as Kettering Town . . . . . is that what Tottering Hotspur call . . . . Success?

LOL

[feeling better now after a decent dinner and a drinkable Crozes Hermitage]

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
piffle!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

Because he pays his taxes and doesn't run the risk of getting 'banged-up' for a while?

Because his teams consistantly make the Champions League? (unlike the other North London club)

Because 60,000 plus fans turn up every week to watch some of the best football in the land?

3 out of 3 Peter, mind you the last one isn't 100% correct, the gooners are getting a little tired to watch at the moment, same old same old, one pass to many, every game.

As for the first one, well didn't your old and our old George Graham do the same, that is if Harry has done something wrong. Any other manager would have gone by now, not winning anything for 5 years.

Then the 3rd, well 60,000 aren't all gooner fans, and even though it is a good ground, the atmosphere is one of the worst in the prem league, even my brother in law said that, and he has had a gooner season ticket for 35 years, sad sod.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Yup, the Carling cup and finished 12th in the PL the same season, and about as close to European Football as Kettering Town . . . . . is that what Tottering Hotspur call . . . . Success?

LOL

[feeling better now after a decent dinner and a drinkable Crozes Hermitage]

I can see your getting worried Peter, we could talk about History, but then Spurs done it all before the gooners, and when did the gooners win promotion into the top flight???, forgot they didn't.

We could talk about the present, but then again, we have won something in the last 5 years, and the gooners haven't. It's good to see the gooners play in Europe, I am happy for them, knowing they will not win the CL.

I did think you might win the Prem League this season, but your short of a couple of players, ( 4 players for the CL) where as we are short of about 5, and a few seasons away from making the top 4.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see your getting worried Peter, we could talk about History, but then Spurs done it all before the gooners, and when did the gooners win promotion into the top flight???, forgot they didn't. We could talk about the present, but then again, we have won something in the last 5 years, and the gooners haven't. It's good to see the gooners play in Europe, I am happy for them, knowing they will not win the CL. I did think you might win the Prem League this season, but your short of a couple of players, ( 4 players for the CL) where as we are short of about 5, and a few seasons away from making the top 4.

So, when was the last time Tottering Hotspur were in the final of the CL? I can't remeber that far back, if at all?

I wouldn't bet against a CL finals spot, no one gave us a chance a few years back now, did they.

Truly I think we need a striker or two, especailly given the 'treatment' we seem to get every season from lesser teams. Another Cesc wouldn't go amiss either, and an Adams look-a-like too LOL

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
The Spurs have had European Silverware, I didn't say CL, or did I.

Yes Peter another Adams, Brady plus wright & Henry, just what you need.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Oi!! Jacobs, Clarke will you clear off and talk football somewhere else !!!

I will start a new thread for you both go on that:D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
no..................:

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Where did my smiley go...........:D:D:D:D