most succsessful lure?

K

Kyle Tonks

i have found just pike lures to be quite good as they can deep dive. shakespeares "s" seem to always fill with water and i am not to convinced about the rattle. whats your most effective lure for pike?

E

Ernest Frith

As I fish the fly for Pike,a black Bunny Bug does the business for me. This fly when wet can be cast quite well on a light spinning outfit. Give it a try, you'll surprised

G

Gary Knowles 2

I say a 29.12 come out on one yesterday.

I've had bugger all on them though....

Paul Hicks

Reaction score
Boring old spoon seems as good as anything. But the best surface lure I've used (by a mile) is the Luhr jensen AC plug. Has often attracted strikes after jitterbugs and meadow mice have been through the swim untouched. Still not worth the ?23 which harris used to charge though!

Y

yoggy

With all the lures about in the shops today with all their shapes,colours,and sizes its mind boggling,,but if i was to fish with one lure/spinner all the time it would be the hubble Ondex spinner,,if all else fails..try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

D

Denis Goulding 2

When i was younger a voblex and a small copper and silver spoon was all you needed. My best baits now are a storm firetiger big mac and a roach super shad rap. That is what i use at the moment..

B

Budgie Burgess

I use loads and own many more but if it had to be one then it would be a 5" copper spoon.

A

Andrew Macfarlane

Salmo Slider or the ABU Jointed Terminator for me. Both are equally good in my opinion.

Tom Vahey

Reaction score
Salmo Slider seems to be getting rave reviews. They are available from two and three quarter inches (17g) up to five inches(70g). The confusing thing is that there are sinking or floating varieties.

Is it the sinking one that everyone prefers and can these be used from the bank ? Many thanks.

A

Andrew Macfarlane

I use both varieties from the bank more often than from the boat. Great lures in any size. The smaller ones could easily be worked with a spinning rod and braid. I don't think a baitcasting rod and multi is required to get the wee ones going.
If I had to pick one to use for the rest of my days, it would have to be the 70g Floating Shinner.

Tom Vahey

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew Harris have them on offer at the moment so might try one of each ie floating and sinking.

ky

Reaction score
i have found the rublex ondex to be successful

W

Wolfman Woody

Most successful - has to be a toss-up between Harris' Hornets (spinners that work a treat) and the Lucky Strike Lizard silver/copper hammered finished spoon.

Robert Jones

Reaction score
The most successful lure is the one you caught your last fish on!

Which is a spinnerbait