Predator Wars

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
13edf4234520662cdefbef0c6e06362c.jpg

If you fancy getting your mug on TV and taking on some of the best predator anglers in Europe, here's your chance!

Philip

Reaction score
I suspect you might struggle for interest iin this one but handy tip - if you ever do "Center pin wars" then this is the place to come ! :D;)

flightliner

Reaction score
Pike/ predator fishing is about quite , solitary contemplation In the main, charging around with others "on your back" is the last thing that would appeal to me.
Gladly the answer is no thank you , but good luck to any wanabees.

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
Ah, I wondered if this might happen...

We often meet with a bit of scepticism when we first put our ideas out there, but we've got a pretty good track record of making shows that appeal to real anglers, so I hope you'll give us a chance.

FishingTV is a business run by passionate anglers. We know a thing or two about the solitary element, but we also know that where friends come together to fish there will be friendly rivalry. All we are doing is formalising that a bit and then putting it on telly.

The way we envisage the show working is that the waters being fished will be divided into beats, with each angler having his or her water - there won't be anyone "on your back".

Basically, its a bit of fun, and, sure if the competitive side of things doesn't appeal to you, or you're not bothered about being on TV, then it probably isn't for you. On the other hand, there's few other places where one can find a good number of enthusiastic predator anglers in the same place online, so we would be mad not to let you all know about it.

And I'm sure that there will be one or two people here who *are* interested, and if that's you, please don't hesitate to send us your application video - it doesn't need to be anything special - just use your phone and tell us about you and your fishing! :):):)

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
We're definitely after characters rather than egos! Prima Donnas need not apply!

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
You can't be persuaded to have a crack yourself? Should be a good experience!

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, there's lots of interest, but the bigger the pool from which we have to choose, the better the outcome! We've cast the professionals, and now just need the amateur, but the greater the diversity and number of potential candidates the better.

flightliner

Reaction score
Ftv, my comments just reflected my own feelings about pike and predator angling, I hope you get the recruits required and your efforts find success.

B

binka

Personally speaking it's the terminology that puts me off, that aside I find the format quite interesting.

It's a bit like the adverts on the telly, they're all screaming like Hell at you in an attempt to be louder and more eye catching than their competitor but none of these marketing masterminds seems to have cottoned on that this constant bombardment gets unbearable and that they all end up throwing their money in a pit because of a simple little thing called a mute button.

Why do I want that in my angling and my relaxation, regardless of how ambitious I am feeling?

No, 'Wars' are definitely not for me but as already expressed I hope you find those that it appeals to and I wish you every success.

Philip

Reaction score
Hey I"m not proud ...if you pay me like a huge stack of money I would apply. :D;)

B

binka

If this is turning in to some sort of commercial, race to the bottom bidding war I'll do it for a proper kebab and ten pints of San Miguel.

Then again I ought to be more adventurous and demand something other than an average Saturday night :D :D :D

thecrow

Reaction score
"Real anglers" as opposed to "Sofa anglers".

All of the members here could be classed as "sofa anglers" whatever that means unless they all log in here only when they are fishing.

Some anglers are forced to be "sofa anglers" through circumstances beyond their control, does that mean they are not "real anglers" do you not think they would love to be fishing more?

Real anglers, its smacks of much that is wrong in angling today.