hooligan, warrior or beastmaster

alan stevens

Reaction score
i wanna get a couple of new rods but not spend a fortune. can anyone recomend a decent cheapish rod?? about ?50-?100 per..

Cheers peeps!

B

Big Rik

The new JRC LM's.
12' 2.5lb, through action.
If you don't need to cast more than 80 to 100yds, then they are an absolute belter.

?29.99 each.
here

alan stevens

Reaction score
so dya reckon there of the same calibre rods as something like a beast master then? my mates got some of them and there pretty nice rods for the price! i've currnetly got some cheapo ones that cost me ?30 a piece and i want some with a nice all through action

Sam

Reaction score
i have got a pair of the new 2.5lb tc shimano nexaves and i am very pleased with them, light, good action and very slim. I also have 2 3lb greys prodigys and they are nice rods as well.

B

Big Rik

I would say that most people overlook the JRC's in the shops because they think they are much dearer.
The fittings aren't fuji, so the price has been kept right down.
I'd seriously suggest that you take a look before buying anything.

L

Lazinko

also checkout the Rangemaster II rods, i bought mine at harrisonstackle.com for 64? and if you live in UK, i belive it's free delivery.

john eadie

Reaction score
ive got two warriors in 2.75tc, cant fault them. but if you want cheaper like jrc,s lm 2.5lb tc rods get the uk carp mag insde the angling times, (oct 19-issue 16) as they have done a tackle review on them. hope this helps..

B

Big Rik

and what did they say?
(not that we've ever seen a bad review in AT)

Note to Richard Lee... stop sucking up to your advertisers, get some real reviews in place.

William Foxall

Reaction score
i got me a couple of zebco topics rod and reel combos ?65. 2.5tc i was pleasantly surprised.

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
I brought my son two Fox warriors was so impressed got him the landing net marker and spod rod, he has a pukka little set-up and one I for one would not be ashamed to use. mind you keep it to your self because if he finds out he will want to swap with my gear.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Why do they have to call these rods the most f.....g stupid names?

TonyO2

Reaction score
Hello Rik...can i confirm that you recomendation for the JRC LM rod still holds?....i havent seen anyone using them on the bank yet....but have seen some excellent feedback for them on other forums.
Have you managed to try them out, some hands on feedback would be most appreciated.

B

Big Rik

no, just look as good as anything else at twice the price.
I've bent them in half in the shop and they didn't break.

Note:
There is a difference in recommending general rods at ?30 than rods at ?150 for a specific water or task.

TonyO2

Reaction score
Cheers Rik...due to financial reasons i have had to let go of a lot of my tackle, and the price of these rods is very appealing if they are even half decent.

C

Cakey

"Why do they have to call these rods the most f.....g stupid names?"

errr so we know what ones are what !

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of Outlaw XS 2.75lb for ?40 each the other day. They have a very nice feel to them, but I haven't used them on the bank yet.

B

Bully

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me.

John posts -

?hi

thinking of getting a new set of rods after christmas with spare money. i will hopefully be on he inear fisheries guys lakes syndacute in the spring.
i am thinking of gettng either harrison balista 3lb or shimano tribal 3lb lc. what are your views on which i should get?

cheers jon?

He gets a canning, and Alan posts -

?i wanna get a couple of new rods but not spend a fortune. can anyone recomend a decent cheapish rod?? about ?50-?100 per..

Cheers peeps!?

?..and it is all sweetness and light !

Whats the difference ??

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
By my reckoning, around ?100 per rod. The point I think is that if you are going to pay ?150+ for a stick, then you should at least try it out before parting with the cash.

The same rules apply for lower cost rods, but surely the point of spending a large amount of money on a rod is that it offers an almost made to measure feel for the angler, otherwise there isn't that much point in having it?