So come on then, don't be shy...

C

Chris Bishop

So windy there were white caps on the river when I got going, plonked in this little bay to get out of the wind.

Had to tie up to the reeds because the weights were dragging, found a bit where there was a near-vertical drop-off into 10ft of water.

Popped some baits out, caught a couple of jacks, think it might be worth sitting about for a while to see what else is in there.

Then HOR-OINK, HOR-OINK, HOR-OINK... About 150 Canada geese descend on the bay totally unfazed by me sitting there and start squabbling and preening all around the floats.

B@stards.

Reel in and get blown all over the shop trying to get to the next place I could think of where I could tuck in out of the wind.

Sat there all day and never had another sniff.

Reaction score
Fished the Leam for a couple of hours this afternoon. Lovely and sunny, fairly windy but I don't think it was as blustery here Chris.

Had one bite towards end of session on float legered sardine in deepest part of river and had a lovely tustle with a double figure lady.

C

Chris Bishop

The only tussle I had was with the wind.

Four weeks left mate, it's grab it while you can time.

Reaction score
This time of year sees me at my most fishing frantic...I really enjoy fishing stillwaters and canals (keep repeating until absolutely true!) but its running water that really floats my predatory boat.

Fortunately I have enough Brownie points with the Mrs to warrant a trip to the Lower Severn this weekend so I'm going to enjoy one day after chub and barbel and one after pike and zander.

I think most of us find the 'back-end' traumatic (so to speak!) but if anything is going to make it easier, it's a trip to the country's predator jewel!

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Flung some rubber around for 4 hours thrashing the water to a froth ,never had a sniff.
The wind was terrible and not the best day to have a first go with a small multiplier,
Gotta go,need to sort this birds nest out in my power pro-toooo expensive to waste.

ian hewett

Reaction score
Going tommorrow a Lode in Cambridge then perhaps 10 mile bank or River Cam make it up as I go along. Thats Sunday 19th will keep you posted guys.

Ian

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Was going out,then just decided to do a quick bit of DIY which involved a nail,floor board and a hidden central heating pipe!be time plumber had been and gone and pantry that got flooded from above was sorted the day had gone.Well pi**sed off i can tell you.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep, got out today, Cheddar res'.

BLANK again!

The wind and rain was unbelievable, but we fished on until 5.45pm.
When the guy ropes on the umbrellas started to snap, it was time to go!

Reaction score
popped out for a couple of hours this afternoon...random swirly winds followed by dead calm then wind etc. saw a big fish (not sure what) roll in the distance but another blank under the belt...

W

wyepike

well today fished 3 diff waters, 2 jacks from one, a fat little 10 from another, and on the 3rd which was in flood a blank in horrible conditions. all runs on lbaits despite the coloured water. deads were dead.

C

Chris Bishop

Fishing Tues, Thurs and next w/end. Weather looks a bit bum though.

ian hewett

Reaction score
Hi had a nice 10lb estimated fish from the 10 mile bank She was hooked a little deeper than I like so did not weigh Her and slipped Her back quick. Considering I donnot have any known hot spots on it I think thats an ok result. Doing a local park lake tommorrow lets hope for more runs!!.
Ian

C

Chris Bishop

Going to be pants tomorrow, hate this time of year because there's only a few weeks left and you've got to go.

W

wyepike

I dont actually agree about this weather meaning poor fishing. Weather forecast for this area is OK with rising barometer and getting colder although with some rain. The running waters round here are coloured, being pumped or run off, or in flood but are perfectly fishable. My view is that if you can find the pike they will be feeding hard. Maybe on food fish also crammed up into the same areas. So a lbait or smelly large deadbait will work. Having said that the chances are I will still fail to locate any big fish this week but I am keeping trying.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
You are right Chris, we blanked, but enjoyed the day out.

A fish would be nice though!

;-)

C

Chris Bishop

Hmmm, jury's out. Went down the Broads with a couple of mates, had a nice hire boat with a seriously duff engine.

Had one that might have scraped 8lbs on a good day, lost a couple, both mates blanked.