Rod licence

New Kid

Reaction score
Just read in (A M)Mag.Father & Son-in-law Caught by bailiffs from Environment Agency fishing contest without Rod Licences.They were allowed to resume fishing after they rang home for someone to buy them licences on-line.This meant that the (BIG FISH) they caught while breaking the law meant it couldn't count.What a shame. What are your views lads?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Should have been prosecuted and fined anyway IMHO and kicked off the water.No excuse whatsoever. Also extremely stupid given it was an EA match?

New Kid

Reaction score
I agree with you Nigel.I can't understand why they were not done.Should the Bailiffs be reprimanded for not taking stronger action.

C

Chub King

It is amzing that they were allowed to continue. Such people are cheating on all legal anglers!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Should have beeb nanned from all other matches and fined large sums of money. Its nearly time for renewing our rod licences. This means they have been fishing the last 11 months with out the paperwork.

New Kid

Reaction score
I wonder if they only got a licence for 1 day or could the Bailiffs insist they pay for the full year. It could well be that they are reported and fined.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

No excuse!
Should have been fined the maximum.

W

Wolfman Woody

Supposing -

Someone without a licence had a phone (forget their name) with all the internet hocus-pocus on it. He sees EA Bailiff coming around fishery and has time to compleat an on-line transaction himself.

When the bailiff gets around to him he produces the licence number just acquired. Has a crime been committed?

NO! Because when asked he was able to produce a rod licence.

Perhaps the on-line rod licence should be enforced from 2 hours AFTER it's purchase, which would then render the dodger to a fine after all.

New Kid

Reaction score
Woody You can't backdate the time for a licence on-line so couldn't it be checked what time the licence started?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff,

They are called PDA's or Smartphones.

PDA standing for Personal Digital Assistant - and yes, I've got one and it is a bloody mavelous piece of kit ;-)

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I would say yes a crime was committed as prior to the baliff asking he was fishing without a licence.

As New Kid says this could be checked on the time of purchase in the case of 'digital' licences.

All this means it would be harder to catch people out but if we're going to crack down on licence dodgers then it has to be done.

New Kid

Reaction score
Agree Paul, It would be a good thing if owners of commercial fisheries asked everyone to show their licence. Can't see it happening cos they wont want to turn anyone away and lose money.

Paul H

Reaction score
This has been discussed before on here New Kid, I think fishery owners should be fined if people are found fishing their waters without an E.A licence, that'd spur them into action.

All this however relies on there being more E.A balifs...

W

Wolfman Woody

"As New Kid says this could be checked on the time of purchase in the case of 'digital' licences."

All the guy would have to say is that he really was trying to buy a licence for several hours before coming out, but that there was a 'problem with the EA site'

Whether or not there was would be difficult to prove and pointless since a licence was provided, whatever the circumstances.

Of course, the bailiff can stop people/cars on their way to a fishing site and ask for a licence, if he believes their purpose is to fish.

N

NottmDon

Should have been (if its not pending) prosecuted and had their tackle confiscated.

They were not the only ones fishing without a license at the match apparently.

Hard lucks got nowt to do with it.They were aware of how to enter a match they must be aware that a license is required.

Paul H

Reaction score
Ok the web site was down, it's tough if you've got the day planned in advance but no licence no fishy, go bowling instead.

Should have bought it in advance when the trip was planned.

I think it's patantly obvious anyone showing an E.A official a 'digital' licence on their phone purchesed 30 seconds ago had no intention of getting a licence until they thought they might get caught.

Book 'em Danno!

Keith Butcher

Reaction score
I HOPE kEITH ARTHUR GET'S ALL THE BACKING HE CAN,THESE IMIGRANTS ARE CREATING HAVOC IN SOME PART'S OF THE COUNTRY.AS USEUAL THE N.F.A. ARE SITTING ON THE FENCH BUT THAT'S NO BIG SUPPRISE IS IT.