Bored stupid

C

Chris Bishop

My sea rods are all tackled up and ready to rumble. I live less than five minutes' walk from a tackle shop, and about the same distance from a beach.

I just can't be bothered with it though, the pike rods are all piled up on the landing and the corner of my study, shouting: "Take us out. Take us out."

For the first time in years, the relief when the end of the season comes has barely lasted a month and I'm really dying to get out again.

Enjoyed last winter a lot but it just seemed to fly past. Can't wait to get the lures out in a couple of weeks' time.

M

Mark Hodson

Think yourself lucky, I'm stuck in the house for 3 days with my 22 month old son who's just starting the tantrum and detroying everything stage, plus he's got a cold so won't have his nap making him overtired and he's waking 3 times in the night. Oh to get out and do any sort of fishing.

Beecy

Reaction score
same here, a lovely day and im stuck in the house. I promised to do the Garden this weekend (what a fool !)but I've just cried off with a bad back.

At least the snooker starts in a couple of hours.

captain carrott

Reaction score
it's no use complaining about being stuck in the house with a kid it's your own fault.

as for the bish some one give him a slap you won't catch sitting in the house an it's a lovely day get yerself out man.

you could be at work like what i am.

B

Bob Watson

"It does get better Mark. Eventually."

Yeah, in about 20 years time when they've upped sticks and left ;-)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've just been out and copped 10 trout.

Two wonderful overwintered fish too.

And tomorrow, I will go out and do something similar, only in this case I want a 6 pounder.

:eek:)

When my kid was of that age, I used to organise a 3 month business trip. With the rods in the boot of course.

M

Mark Hodson

Thanks Bob and Ron, you've really cheered me up !!

The good news is that Tuesday normality returns and Mrs H is back in charge of the parenting, which means I can get back on the bank.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Although I had a lousy start to the day with ignorant anglers giveing abuse, which I wont bore you with the details, it all turned out good in the end, and they all fished happilly ever after, (bless em) because that's the kind of guy I am.

I spent the next 5 hours sat talking banter and rigs with the regular lads. No fishing, but what a great afternoon out.
It's my Bank Holliday as well tha knows lads.

D

David Marrs

Good day today Chris, broke my Orfe PB with a 2lb 6oz belter, nice fish mate! :)

B

Budgie Burgess

Im suprised to read this Chris.Dont you do any other type of fishing then?

For me the changing seasons, different target species and the diferrent tactics used are what keep me keen.Like you say Im normally quite glad to see the end of my piking at the end of March but by October Im mad keen for it again! Trout head on at the moment but Im allready thinking about the summers carp,tench and bream fishing.

Also is it only rivers/drains etc that you pike fish then?

R

There is nothing like being an all rounder as Budgie says.

For the next 6 weeks it's the trout reservoir for me.

My local reservoir has given me some wonderful fishing and better to come. But come 16th June, it's tench.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Is it purely for traditional reasons that you are waiting for the 16th of June for the Tench fishing Ron? They are going berserk in my area.

R

Where I fish for tench Baz, the close season is still in force.

And in any event, this is trout time.

And yes I might be a traditionalist old fart in a way, but there is something special to me in baiting up a tench swim on the 15th and getting there on the 16th for that opening day cast.

A

Andy Doughty

I must say that its only predatory fish that press my buttons at the moment. Zeds in the spring/summer, pike in the autumn/winter. Possibly a little bit of cross over between the seasons, but thats about it for me. Might have a dabble with perch this year, but as my fishing time is limited by family comitments too, its normally zander fishing a night, and a half a dozen pike trips if I am lucky through the winter. But that will get better, just try and keep it up whilst the time is limited.

captain carrott

Reaction score
Where I fish for tench Baz, the close season is still in force.

which is quite probably why you can't find a decent sized tench in yourkshire all the tench waters seem to have the old closed season enforced by the dinosaurs who run them.

but are quite happy fore the fish to be caught on june the 16th while spawning.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"My sea rods are all tackled up and ready to rumble. I live less than five minutes' walk from a tackle shop, and about the same distance from a beach."

Chris you lucky bugger!
Get out there and fish!

;-)

R

Yourkshire! Where's Yourkshire?

Actually I do most of my tench fishing in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.

Come on Chris, go and catch a nice cod.

C

Chris Bishop

Budgie, I fish all over for pike though I'm probably happiest on rivers off a boat.

I can't motivate myself to fish for much else really, have some good mixed waters around here and the sea, just nothing else has quite the same buzz for me.

Same with most people I knock about with.

B

Budgie Burgess

Each to his own Chris.No matter how much I love my piking I would hate to miss out on all the other stuff I do.