Giant Eel

Reaction score
What a corker for Steve Newell. A 9lb worm is certainly a noteworthy acheivement!

What are the chances of 11lb 2oz ever being bettered?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Slim but they are out there for sure.

Nick Haynes

Reaction score
yeah i could probs see it broken! somje anglers must get some big one and put them back with out weighing them.probs in the bottom of some land locked weed ridden lake some where.

B

Big Rik

that's the one I mailed you about Wol.
The lake we discussed when in France.

S

stephen cotton

I missed the issue, anyone like to enlighten me of the details?

P

paul williams 2

No big eels in France Wol/Rik......bloody Brit carp anglers have BBQ'd em all!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Colne Valley Paul, Colne Valley. Watch this space!

B

Big Rik

Sunday night for me Wol.

Bunch of lobs over a bed of flavoured maggot.

P

paul williams 2

Nah Wol.........a 3 acre pool on the Severn/midland canal system...........that has been ignored for 30yrs at least and is now full of small roach and weed......and is warmed by the very essance of the gulf stream......watch THIS space!

Or praps not! ;)

B

Big Rik

Went last night, had first cast at 9.30pm and reeled in at about 1am as I'd had 17 eels and missed another 6. Biggest went 4-02.
Recast about 7am and had another 3, for a round 20.

Had a chat with somebody who knows the water well and he said that most of the biggies come out during the day, here's hoping, because night-time was bloody manic.

I even had one that took the line out of my hand as I was sinking it after the cast.

P

paul williams 2

Nice night eh Rik!

Daytime could be the time to try a live high up in the water if thats when the biggies prowl?

Richard Crook

Reaction score
The Fisheries did a 13lb eel last season. It couldn't be publicised due to the no publicity rules on the water and as such the record was not claimed.

Do many eels come out of the tring resies?