Giant Eel

Richard Crook

Reaction score
LOL Just thought as they have produced big fish of most species (even the carp have come on in size recently)that their may be a few proper snakes in there!! Wilstone is so neglected by all but a few. SPent a few days looking for carp in there, and saw 2 - reckon there must be some real lumps in there!!

S

stephen cotton

Where did Steve catch his eel as I missed the article in June?

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I've fished Tring for 18 years and have not heard of an Eel from there in all that time. They used to be there though a long time ago. Marsworth apparently used to produce plenty of fives and the best was over 7lb.

P

paul williams 2

I have a long long list of waters that used to hold eels, just as Andy discribes Tring.

Personally i will never fish for eel ever again on a "known" eel water.......look for signs and move on to them just as Andy and Wol have done with devastating results would be my only advice.

S

stephen cotton

It can be worth revisiting "old" eel waters years after the crowds have moved on. When they are unable to escape from where they came eels seem to have an ability to lay low when put under pressure. Trying something a bit different from the norm can help in this respect. Finding good untouched waters in the NW can be difficult!

P

paul williams 2

It can indeed be worthwhile visiting waters that have been left lie "fallow" for a few years Stephen......but being the first on a "new" water can be very special

Finding good untouched waters anywhere is difficult......but they are there.

S

stephen cotton

Yes I agree I've been lucky enough to be first on one or two waters, however I've had my best results this year on an "old" eel water. Finding a water like Andy and Wols must be an eel anglers holy grail. Completely different than trying to catch old single scale the carp don't you think?

P

paul williams 2

Yep Andy and Wols water is very special at the moment......the lucky sourthern gits don't deserve it....it should have been on my doorstep not theirs!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH..........i'm not bitter ;)