?necessary unnecessary? stuff

davestocker

Reaction score
Along with all the actual tackle I need to catch whatever I?m after, I?ve been known to make sure that I?ve all of the following with me on a fishing trip. Some stuff lives in my fishing waistcoats (I travel light and try not to carry a bag), and the rest of it lives in the car. I consider this list to be my ?necessary unnecessary? stuff which I?ve listed under appropriate headings. What do you carry that I don?t?

Wellbeing

Insect repellent
Bite and sting relief cream
Sunblock
Plasters
Antiseptic cream
Antibacterial hand cleaning gel

Emergency repairs

Superglue
Adhesive tape
Whipping thread
Wader repair stuff

Real emergency

Toilet paper

Falling in

A towel and complete change of clothing

Miscellaneous

A photocopy of my EA rod licence

Cap with a long peak

A pair of walkie talkies

A filleting knife

captain carrott

Reaction score
Wellbeing (not one of these go with me)

Insect repellent
Bite and sting relief cream
Sunblock
Plasters
Antiseptic cream
Antibacterial hand cleaning gel

Emergency repairs

Superglue (the only one i'd take)
Adhesive tape
Whipping thread
Wader repair stuff

Real emergency

Toilet paper (nature invented leaves)

Falling in

A towel and complete change of clothing (wring it out spin it round yer head)

Miscellaneous (now we know you've gone mad)

A photocopy of my EA rod licence

Cap with a long peak

A pair of walkie talkies

A filleting knife

davestocker

Reaction score
Leaves? What about getting caught short in winter? I tend to fish wild places where there are no loos, tackleshops or other comforts for miles around.

I fell into a newly deepened bit of Ullswater the other day, BUT my goretex top and chest waders saved me a real soaking. Any worse and the clothing change would have been necessary.

My Baitrunner bail arm broke while spinning for pike in March. I didn't have the superglue with me & had to stop fishing & go the six miles home, where a dab of glue was enough to fix it in seconds.

I'm the guy the insects love to eat, so the repellent is a must after June.

My 40 years of angling experience has made them all necessary.

W

Wolfman Woody

"(nature invented leaves)"

Oh yes? Stinging nettles if you're really desperate - "oh Doc, have a look at this. Me bums likes a cherry."

W

Wolfman Woody

PS - you forgot your sunglasses

Flares in case a fog comes down. (or Trinny and Susannah come along to give your image a facelift)

Rope - to get back up slippery banks.

Crampons - for your boots to dig into the mud.

200 metres of 8"x2" timber to make a makeshift bridge to get to the other side of narrow rivers - or bridge laying tanks.

Full mess with all cooking facilites for all the troops to carry your stuff etc.

captain carrott

Reaction score
What about getting caught short in winter?

snow or dry grass both do the job.

things to be avoided, brambles, gorse, stinging nettles.

Rickey Sutton

Reaction score
why would you need walkie talkies?
cakey, license no in yer phone thats a good idea nice one

C

Cakey

Im full of good ideas..........like taking the neighbours cat and wiping my bum on it

T

The Monk

I think we do take a lot of unnecassary stuff with us, I analised this in great depth last year and realised I could leave the DVD player behind because the playstation also plays DVDs

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

i did a real mean thing last year i left the wife at home so i could get me rods in the car i must sort my tackle out

T

The Monk

Just sort the wife out mate,

get her a car, that way you can get her to put a bit more tackle in too and follow you to the bank

B

i got her sorted she stays ome i go fishing what more can a man want and whats more if i took her with me who would say ....oh your back then spose you didnt bleedin catch anyfing dinners in the oven...........know what i mean

B

but what i,d realy like to say is that she has stood by me thick and thin for 31 years never stopped me doing anything i wanted to do and backed me without question and i,d like to thank her for that and say that i love her to bits

T

The Monk

Yes a good women cant be beat Bob, I`ve been happily married for about 30 years now,

Well, on and off, and they`ve all been good women mate

B

a mate told me once if you meet a bad woman shoot it and if you meet a good woman shoot it before it turns bad