?necessary unnecessary? stuff

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

monk i dont know how old you are and if you remember the dave clarke five back in the sixties i just finished playing with a small jammin band and the bass player was rick hucksley of the dave clarke five

T

The Monk

Hi Mate, I`m 55 going on 21, Yes I remember the Dave Clarke 5 very well,bits and pieces and all that, not that I was into them really, More a Cream and John Mayall man myself and later Led Zeppelin and Hendrix.

What do you play?

David Craine

Reaction score
My stuff is much the same as Daves, but include an MP3 Player, fully loaded with AC/DC, Nickleback,Fleetwood Mac, Stones etc etc. I can allways manage a blank with good backing music.

B

mainly vocals but got a couple of strats i play rythm and some lead havnt played for a year now they are still on the wall fender amp in loft fishing has now taken over i,m afraid but i might start playing again later never been a lot of good at it as i say i,m mainly vocals mainly 50,s 60,s

T

The Monk

Ive been playing since I was about 12, played with a few bands in my younger days, always been torn between the guitar and fishing really. I like my Superstrats, Ibanez, Jacksons ect, 24 frets, wizard necks and Floyde Rose floaters, never really got on with Fender, used to be a Gibson man, still have a 59 standard Les Paul, cant sing to save my life always tried to make up for it with the guitar, still gig occassionally.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Bluddy banjo pickers! Hijacking threads left right and centre and in stereo.

Anyway - "?necessary unnecessary? stuff - we take fishing with us" - this could be quite useful:

Rocket Rod

B

got a blonde mex superstrat and a tele owned most like the jacksons gibbies and my fav a few years ago was a gretch white falcon but i got a bit strapped as we do now and then and she had to go and me only big mistake was haveing a 62 tele when i first started and selling it for ?65 what a wally still i love me fishing

T

The Monk

Yeah, i`ve let a few guitars go over the years Bob, had original Gibson Reverse Firebird, Les Pauls, Explorers and Flying Vee. At present I have my heart set on a Ibanez jem 7VWH, Steve vai signiture

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"Ed was into Freddie and the dreamers"

NO Chance!!!!!----They were from Manchestuuurrrrggggghhhhh

B

freddie and the dreamers played last weekend at yarmouth at a sixties weekend

T

The Monk

Its surprising just how many of these 60s bands are still on the cabaret circuit, many of them are well into their 60s now, makes me feel quite young

B

well i,m nearly sixty and i was still at it last year but now its all finished sold all me mics amps and everything to go with it just fishing for me now

T

The Monk

Sorry to hear you`ve retired from playing Bob, very sad, nowt wrong with fishing though, its just a bit quieter thats all, still as exciting though

C

Colin North, the one and only

Hey Bob, I thought Freddie died a couple of years back. If that's so, was it a re-incarnation band that played in Yarmouth?LOL

C

Cakey

Garrity retired due to pulmonary hypertension, and died on 19 May 2006. Drummer Dwyer died on 4 December 2002 of lung cancer; Birrell became a taxi driver. Crewsdon now runs a bar in Tenerife, while Quinn lives in Cheshire and is in distribution.

B

gordon bennet me mate at work said e saw them last week must be another bunch of guys taken over i,ll ask him in the morning weather it was a tribute band i,m well outa touch now with whats going on