cheating fish

glenn melsome

Reaction score
when fishing i used lunchen meat on air rig i made the rig my self it doesent look like it could have come of on its own my son sugest the loop was to big. no sign on bite alarm or bobin do they know use knife and forks. the hook was 5mm away from bait

can any one sugest some thing i can try

Mithrandir

Reaction score
try lightly frying the luncheon meat before you go fishing, this toughens the meat and stops it coming off the hair. the other trick is to use a meat prop or screw on the hair as it holds the meat more easily. I have had meat fly off the hair on the cast but these tricks help stop that.

J

Jonathan Northmore BA HONS

Pull the hook through the meat, turn the hook, place it back into the meat.

T

The Monk

also put a piece of stiff grass behind the bend to aid casting, luncheon meat should still work directly in the hook

T

The Monk

Spamtinx.gif

still a good bait

F

Fred Bonney

Perhaps it was thin air?/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

DUNK

Reaction score
try the fox meat or pellet stops they work well/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

T

The Monk

good old cilff Fox never misses a trick I see, we used to use a piece of biro tube

T

trev matthews

Rig tube and biro tube leaves a piece of plastic in the meat which can be ingested by the carp. A catfish angler showed me how to use a piece of maccaroni as its edible and will not harm little carpy.

T

The Monk

Rig tube and biro tube leaves a piece of plastic in the meat which can be ingested by the carp.,

if it can be ingested whats the problem?? I think you mean cant be of course, but then again a hook cant be ingested and to get to the biro tube the carp would have to snap the hook off the line, carp however have a gut track and not a stomac as such, which many things pass through them undigested, but fair comment Foxy spaghetti sounds better

C

Cakey

hahaha...................................nearly answered that

steveo

Reaction score
evening,dont bother mesin with LM unless you need to,other fish will peck it off,it dont cast well,try spam as mentioned its tougher,fry it as said or try plumrose bacon grill or use something more usefull,LM will catch but its a hassle to use unless your Ray Walton which i definately am not...atb steveo

glenn melsome

Reaction score
i went fishing yesterday tried some of the tips you have gave me it was better but it took a long time to find the fish when i did tho i had 5 carp in about an hour big-est being 13ld i said to my son after catching the first one how many have you had he replied 6 by the time i caught 5he hadcaught 8 but he had not caught any more.

i do think you might be right about small fish eating my bait but how long would you leave a bait out for if its out of the water you don't catch but when its in the water and you have no bait youwont catch ever so what is the rule of thumb