PB 27lb 4oz.JPG

catch

Reaction score
nice fish well done mate /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

steveo

Reaction score
what a lovely big bag of gold sovereign's

where did u catch it,what bait,what spot,which swim how deep,what bait,what hook,what rod,how bigs ur sleeping bag,which bivvy peg d'yah put in first?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just JOKEING,i dont want to know anything,i was having a wee wind up re a few post's ive seen about on this and other forum's....

Good Angling /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Bootsy

Reaction score
OK. Was caught from Wick Water, South Cerney Angling Club, Cotswold Water Park, Gloucestershire. Thats where I've had most of my carp this year, including my PB Tench. My mate had one of the biggest fish in the lake (maybe THE biggest) 7 weeks ago. Check my album for the Pics!

Thanx for all your kind comments!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

wayne brooks

Reaction score
was it rhino? i've had a few out from there but they were just stockies. after seeing this i might renew my ticket/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Bootsy

Reaction score
Wayne. No it was the Big Lin at 38lb 4oz here: http://www.fishingmagic.com/gallery/image.asp?sp=&v=1&uabn=1576&uin=5209

Rhino hasn't been out for a long time, at least as far as people know. Some even say its dead, but I know at least 2 people (whom I trust) who say they've seen it this year.

And there is also The Beige, also known as Sandy. I HAVE SEEN THIS FISH. Its very light yellow-brown on top. If it was sat in the margins on a light gravel spot, even in clear water you wouldn't see it! I seen it up against the Big Lin in the margins in crystal clear water. Its as long as the Lin but DEEPER AND WIDER ACCROSS THE SHOULDERS. Compared to the Lin it seems to dwarf it! Others have seen it too. I know its hard to judge the weight just by looking but this fish is NO simmo, believe! Saying that, some of the stockie simmos are reaching mid-upper twenties now with a few over thirty.

wayne brooks

Reaction score
bloody hell, really nice water i'm def' gonna get a ticket for next year. chatting to the locals about the older carp in really got me drooling./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

i spent a week there early this year but fishing was a bit slow and all i got was a few stockies fishing out to and around the two tits. abit later on in the year me and my mate went over but they were spawning.

is it still really busy there? and isn't the big water park on that ticket too? (my mate had a 34 there in mid winter in two foot of water!)

ps just been lookin at your pics and there are some quality fish there mate

Bootsy

Reaction score
Yeah, Wick is the WIERDEST lake I've ever fished. Its sooo inconsistent that you never know what to expect! But thats the challenge! I know some of whats in there & that keeps me going. Its not busy there at the mo cause of the weather - only the hardcore carpers are still stickin it out, including me (yeah I'm HARDCORE me LOL). In fact they have a new bailif there now (Paul Nash) & although he's a real nice bloke he's as strict as f***. Which is good as he's banned a lot of bellends /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif Just stay on your rods (whilst they're in the water) & you'll be fine.

Appart from Whitefriars & Hills there are no other big pits on the South Cerney ticket. I suspect you're thinking of Ashton Keynes Big Pits No. 31 & 32. No.32 is the one with the beach & gets loads of visitors. Funny enough I've just purchased a half-season ticket for Ashton Keynes & will be doing 3 nights up on No.32 day after boxin day. Will make a nice change!

steveo

Reaction score
Well mate good to see Wick still has some cracking carp.I used to av a cerney ticket but I was too busy blanking and pulling my hair out on Whitefier's and Bradly's although I eventually had some from Bradly's.I used to pop in and have a look at Wick,great looking littel water,it was really busy tho and had a lot of helmet's fishing it so I didnt fish it untill after the big fish kill when it was alot quieter and there were only a few fish left and all I caught was tench.I did see some big fish.I was thinking about renewing my Cerney ticket to have another go at Bradley's and maybee wick but I see that Bradley's has been ruined and turned into day ticket.

Have you done any time on Cote behind the Ashton pit's??lovely little water,I had a wander round in the close season a few year's back and seen some nice fish.

Cheer's

Bootsy

Reaction score
I know of Coat Water but thats IN Swindon. Did you mean Cokes Pit (Lake 34 - next to the big pits)? Thats on the Ashton Keynes ticket so I may well pop in & take a look myself. Meant to be hard though! /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

steveo

Reaction score
Sorry mate,yep I meant cokes as opposed to cote which as you said is in the middle of Swindon.Cokes is all little bars and islands,loads of weed etc.There is a nature reserve at the back bit which is out of bound's and you cant cast to it due to islands etc being in the way.Apparenlty the sneaky carp spend alot of time there,at least thats where I seen a few.I think the idea would be to accidently get lost for a few hours get camo'd and have a stalk ninja style in the reserve.Oh and dont forget to take some bino's and a bird spotting book as an alibi.

wayne brooks

Reaction score
yeah bootsy thats right, we had the ashton keynes ticket the year before. we were fishing a cray infested pit wich was major hard work.

good to hear most of the tools have been kicked off did spoil a good lake, it was like a chav carpathon sometimes.

some of the guys over there were sound tho giving us tips and stuff on what works there.

good ol' boy for still givin it a crack in this weather does it fish well this time of year?

Bootsy

Reaction score
Rock solid m8! You'd think with all those stockies in Wick that you'd still get the odd run in a 3 nighter, but when its cold they seem to switch right off. Maybe later when they get used to the cold they'll HAVE to feed occasionally, but sometimes I wonder if they've dug a tunnel out! /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif I had a 21 pounder plus 2 others a few weeks back but the wet weather had just turned up & warmed things a little - in a way I expected to catch. At least the water level is back up though - it was 2 foot down through the summer. Try avoiding the coots & swans in those circumstances!

Ever fished Neighbridge m8? Is it hard there? What size do they go up to ? Any signal cray fish?

Bootsy.

wayne brooks

Reaction score
no mate i think it was thamesmead we fished. my mate had a 27lb common, a real beauty the season before i started. (he lives in swindon and showed us all these lakes over your way)

living near abingdon it's quite a trek and we were only doing 24hr sessions mainly for the social thing.me and my mate ant live over this way and jonno lives over there.we've been fishing the river this season over this way and had some good results (23 carp between us and 3 20's). but jonno misses us so we'll be back over next year.

i saw a noddy catch a swan on wick last year.he was spodding six inches in front of it !!and then the spod wrapped around it's neck.