A Question Of Carp

B

Barry Cook

Just started Carp Fishing , looking for some help and advise from anyone in the hampshire area on venues and tips.

B

Barry Cook

!st time on the forum , is this live , or do we send a message and wait for an answer ? Just started Carp fishing on my first trip caught a 16lb 7oz common and well happy. Would like to improve , but fed up reading about it and would like to meet some carp people who would like to share their ideas , imparticularly in and around the hampshire (pompey) area.

C

Cakey

message and wait mate..........................look out for Jonny down there

and well done on the carp

B

Barry Cook

nicey one cakey , cheers for the advice , jonny ? does he use the forum

B

Barry Cook

Cheers cakey , just been reading through some old chat , looks like i'm not going to get to much in the way of help finding any waters ? Is carping that secret !! The guys I met I my only visit so far seemed friendly enough and did give me a few pointers.

C

Cakey

it not that secretive on here ............................

if they know they will tell you

C

Cakey

I looked up hampshire in the beekay guide to 2000 carp waters and it lists 41 venues

there must be one there to suit you

alan

Reaction score
Barry, im in emsworth, so very local.

where do you normally fish? im no expert but know a few places you might be able to go.

do you drive?

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

If you're anywhere near Ringwood then you have a fantastic choice of lakes and then the river, just join Ringwood Angling Assoc and have a chat with the bloke in the second fishing shop along (over the bridge, nearer the pub). Fount of info.....

C

Cakey

its the 2nd bloke in the first tackle shop ,near the pub ,over the bridge .....he knows nothing

B

Barry Cook

Brill , thanks for that , you all . Dare i say it but in my "other life" i use to be quite a good match angler, gave it up due to grand kids and footie, but now decided to get back into fishing , and carp has really got me going , like i said i have only been once , but i have 1001 and questions where i think i know the answer , bit it would be nice to talk and learn , and hopefully be in a position in years to come to be able to give another beginner some help.

Heard about and seen broadlands but told it was a hard water to start with ? is it.

LOL evan/cakey you to a partnership, well confused , shall i just head for the bridge and ask in both shops.

Can anyone join Ringwood AA , how much water do they have , never thought of rivers for carp ? i will check on the net later for info.

B

Barry Cook

Hi alan , live in fareham and yes i do drive , if you could send an e-mail it would be good to find out abit more around the area.

Only been the once but went to the trout fisheries at titchfield , fairly small lake but caught on my first trip (only outing so far)

alan

Reaction score
stubbington, newland farm fisheries. £7 for 24hrs. 2 lakes, one with small carp, crucians, roach, rudd etc. the other stuffed with carp, lots of carp. nice easy lake, you cant fail to catch.

bury, mill farm fisheries, 3 lakes, silvers, mixed and specimen. mixed £9ish for the day, specy £12.50 for the day. gate opens at 7am, got to leave at sunset. mixed lake has carp, silvers, perch, tench, all to a good size. specy has carp, tench, some perch and silvers to a very good size. carp go to about 35lb, but even the small ones fight very well.

fareham, river farm. not fished it, meant to be a mediumish water to fish, some very nice fish in there. small place, opens at 7am, get there early its gets busy.

midhurst, rother pond. £6 dayticket. hard water some nice carp and bream, plenty of smaller stuff. very weedy and silty bottom.

river rother, fast paced river, chance of carp.

stockholm, river arun, slow tidal river, chance of carp.

chi canal, £3. meant to have some nice carp.

in chi are a number of holiday camps with lakes you can fish, some are meant to hold some big carp.

all with in a 30 mile radius. there are others but most are club waters.

Cakey, fareham is 5/10mins from portsmouth.

B

Barry Cook

Nice one alan , looks like i shall be out and about having a butchers over the weekend, cheers mucker

B

Barry Cook

Alan, that stubbington newland farm lakes you are on about , just on the way into stubbington by some greenhouses, sure i fished some matches there years ago , is it not owned by chichester A. Club and you have to be a member , or is it now day ticket ?

alan

Reaction score
no problem Barry.

newlands farm, from fareham, turn at the traffic lights heading towards stubbington, straight across the roundabout. look for the left hand turning just past the fields. tanners lane. its were the concrete lorries go.

not sure about being a club water. think its always been day ticket.

if you ever fancy a fish up, give me a shout. im no expert, and dont claim to be, but if i can help i will.

B

Barry Cook

Nice one Alan /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.giflet me check it out reference day tickets and i will let you know.