spotters shades

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Agree thats a lot for a pair of non perscription lenses.

And its just failed in seding my details for the competion.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<blockquote class="quoteheader">Colin Whyte wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class="quote">LOL £125 quid for those shades for that price i would want them to tie my rigs hoover cut the grass AND do the shopping , [must be a early april fool] man some companys think we are gullable. http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/5221/v/1/sp/</blockquote>

Surely you're not gullible enough to think that all sunglasses, even polarised sunglasses, are the same quality?

I agree that you can get a pair of polarised sunglasses for £9.99, but will they offer you the same protection and do as a good a job as a pair of Spotters, for instance?

You're paying for the optics, the quality of the lens, and just as you can get a cheap camera that can take the same picture as an expensive camera, will it be anywhere near as good?

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that polarised sunglasses are all the same - they're not, not even close, when it comes to quality of lens.

Bryan, the competition ended last week.

Joey

Reaction score
Graham, if anyone sends their free pair back because they think they are too expensive I will have them./forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I missed that one then /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

With regards to the price you can get the Optimax(think thats the name)for the same price but in perscription lenses.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I think you mean Optilabs Bryan. Prices from £125 (non-prescription)to £263. Fine glasses they are too.

Course, you can still get some non-prescription ones from somewherefor about a tenner. In fact, I saw some 'polarised sunglasses'at a car boot sale for a fiver last year.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I agree the cheaper end at around a £10 are basically crap. I forgot mine last year while fihing the wye with jim. He uses the Optilabs and could see a lot more than i could with a cheap pair. Picked up at aldi for £3.

I also think there no perscriptiion lens are over priced also.

But as with all glasses they are over priced. Considering the cost of the items involved.

Colin W

Reaction score
still cant justify £125 wouldent even consider buying shades any where near that.

G

Ged

Wait for specsavers to have a special on. Thats how I got my presription polarised specs.

And pretty good they are too. (Okay, might not be the most stylish of sun shades, but I wear them for fishing, not possing)

ron withey

Reaction score
go to crazycarp.com they do esp glasses for £10 and they are great plus you get a hard case and esp neck strap and cleaning cloth will worth it