Glug's and Dips

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Mainline 'Hookbait Enhancement System' (GLUG) retails at ?9.95 although not cheap it’s relatively affective in my opinion. So if your current hookbait is NRG or Active 8 you can purchase NRG and Active 8 glugs. Makes sense huh? and so on and so on....

So what if your like me and you make your own baits, what if you've concocted a mixture of flavours from the cake department in Tescos and you now want to make a glug to suit?

I have the flavours to put into a glug to suit my needs, but I don't have a neutral base glug in which to add my flavour to. Yes I can buy a netural glug, but at the above costing, it doesn’t sit right with me.

So my question is this, how do I make my own base glug/dip? should I opt for a neutral olive oil of sorts then add my flavours or is there something else to consider?

As a thinking carp angler, I'm not necessarily looking for a direct answer, more of a suggestion in which we can debate and improve the ideas and concepts posted here.

It's sometimes the simplest of methods that make sense and its sometimes the far-out suggestions that do well too. So what do you think? What should I use to make a neutral glug?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Dozen or so trips to the bog wiv Asian babes will give you a high protein glug!!!

R

Roto Fryer

does that mean u want to book a trip to my lake in thailand warren?
40 mins from pattaya & 90 mins from bangkok

C

Clive Evans

Stuart,
haven't got a tin handy to check ingredients, but I've been getting some good results re-cycling the glug from ''Meaty-Fish-bites''tins on other baits.
Not tried adding flavours or colours but I think you're on to a good idea here.
Cheers, Clive.

ps. Dont laugh, but Ky jelly might be a potential flavour carrier and is oil-free and breaks down in water. But might be too costly!

R

Rick Winters

Stuart,
Get yourself down to the nearest Tesco's an
buy a bottle of Soya Oil (brand name is Soyola) costs about a quid for a litre bottle, takes any flavour really well and
chucks up a great slick even in winter. You can also use it in pva bags.

May your next one be a LUNKER!!!!!!!!

R

Roto Fryer

dont waste your money on soya oil it dosent mix with water & an oil slick is not what you need. it is essential for a glug/dip to be water soluble

P

Paul Williams

KY jelly....Asian babes....Bangkok, have i stumbled upon another "magic" site?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Cheers Rick, nice one! One question though, being soya, does it give off an already established smell?

R

Roto Fryer

there are many different ideas. personally id go for a minamino dip (but i dont really use them anymore)essential do this and add a bit of flavour. richworth type dips are glycerine based with a touch of alcohol to make the flavours mix. you can try to make a dip from fructose; just add to warm water until it thickens & add your flavour.
hows that for starters?

R

Rick Winters

Stuart
Soyola doesn't give off any discernable odour itself, I've been using it for several seasons with great success just add a bit of your chosen flavour and a touch of sweetner, coat your freebies in it
and soak your hookbaits for as long as you like.

May your next one be a Lunker!!!!!!!!!

R

Roto Fryer

ill suggest that soya oil is a waste of time. it will not mix with water and as i said before for a glug to be effective it has to be water soluble

R

Rodney Wrestt

Clive said,
"Dont laugh, but Ky jelly might be a potential flavour carrier and is oil-free and breaks down in water."

Ahhh but is it safe to be ingested oraly...now if only I could think of someone who might have that experience...ah well.