“What can the Barbel Society do to make you join?”

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Today has been quite dreadful.

Just to give you a little insight into how difficult it can be 'running' an organisation like the Barbel Society.

Both myself and Pete Reading have been on the phone at least four times endeavouring to sort out a situation that has arisen. Without going into detail its the sort of thing that crops up from time to time when you find yourself stuck between a rock and a hard place, basically it becomes impossible to please everyone.

Then earlier this morning I heard the very sad news about Keith Speer which definitely brings things into perspective. All our thoughts go out to his family and close friends.

It's days like today when I know I would never just walk away, most rational people would.

black kettle

Reaction score
Interesting post Graham. Also of interest, or perhaps frustration for many, was that one particular person's ongoing behavior was probably the reason why so many BS members left? And that Steve should have done something about him a long time ago? Its all very well having a guard dog, but if the creature ends up biting every thing that moves including its owner then its time to get rid.

However, that's ultimately Steve's call to make not ours. Steve has always been at the helm of the BS ship as its chairman and spokesman. So what ever happened took place on his watch, just the same as it will as his watch continues.

We both know that Steve is up to the job of turning the BS fortunes around because Steve Pope "IS" the BS.

Regards,

BK.

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Just out of interest Steve. Whats so difficult about making four phone calls?

Regards,

BK

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Now that is a silly question to ask Lee, as any woman will tell you, men (us) can't multi-task :D:D:D

TBO,
Contrary to what many a woman might say, I am very capable of multitasking, as my wife will testify. I can cook a roast dinner, hover and dust all at the same time, so something as simple as making four telephone calls would be a doddle in my everyday life.:):):)

Regards
Ray

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Without touching the floor, Ray? brilliant. ;)

That's right sumtime, my hoover has air control much like a hover craft so I float around the house doing the many things that need doing:)

Phone calls are a doddle mate, I can be on the phone, change TV channels, send e-mails all at the same time...ezzee-peezzee

Regards
Ray

black kettle

Reaction score
What can the Barbel Society do to make me join?

Give me fifty quid and I'll think about it. Whilst I'm hovering around strapped to me Dyson.

Regards,

BK.

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
What can the Barbel Society do to make me join?

Give me fifty quid and I'll think about it. Whilst I'm hovering around strapped to me Dyson.

Regards,

BK.

BK, I heard they thought about offering free membership to the 3000th Facebook member so you missed a freebee there.

As for Dyson's it Miele every time for me, costs more but I just spent the money I saved by not joining any societies.

Regards
Ray

Last edited:

The bad one

Reaction score
Ah but the rest of us are mere mortals Ray not bloody superman. I’m not sure you’ve got this one by being SM, whilst we let them think we can’t multi-task and can only do one job at a time, they’ll only give us one, then it’s off fishing with a “I’ll see you later love, I’ve done that job for you byeeeeeee!”
Oh and mine’s a Dyson as well :D

black kettle

Reaction score
Miele? Miele? They make washing machines? Have you been multi tasking pushing the washer around thinking it was the hoover???

Should have gone to Specsavers mate.

Regards,

BK

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Spec-savers? They don't do washing machines or hoovers mate. They do glasses don't they?

I tell you what else they don't do...answer questions:)

So don't expect any answers from someone who can't handle four phone calls all in one day mate...it won't happen.

What would you know about washing machines, hoovers,cookers,cleaning or owt else? it's woman's work ain't it?

You stick to fishing mate your OK at that but not as good as me of course:D