50,000 Members and Still Growing!

slime monster

Reaction score
that is a big achievement graham congratulations, i have looked through some very old posts and whilst some are still contributing to the forum others appear to have faded away ,is there an average [lifespan ] of fm members

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
50k members?/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif how on earth are you going to fit all of them in to your house for the x-mas party boss?/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Well done to all the Team of FM for doing an awesome job

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
so many members but it still only manages a 15 angler turnout for the socials. crazy world innit/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
50k !! .......... BOOSHAKALA from the Swindon massive /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

What are the hit rates for the site counting individual visitors? Guess that would be massive.

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Very well done on achieving a membership of 50,000.

However, just how many of that 50,000 are regular contributors?

I suspect only a very few, the remainder having been put off after finding they post a serious question, only to have their thread hijacked by our resident comedians who appear to think it's OK to post their "in" jokes and personal banter. The thread just goes downhill from there. No wonder the original poster just doesn't bother to post again...

I used this site almost exclusively when I started fishing just a couple of years ago, and found it to be a valuable source of help and information, but I've used it less and less recently, to the extent that instead of logging in daily, I perhaps only log in once every couple of weeks.

It's still a great resource for information, but just let down by some of the members who ought to know better....!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Thats a very thought provoking post Janet........

So how do we make it better?

My own gripe is the newcommers to angling whom post for help and get it, but 6 months down the line they become experts!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Janet, The comedians on the site give a lot of useful information to people, usually the thread has been answered once the foolery starts.

99% of the regular posters fool about, If like you they stopped posting, or looking in, I dont think there would be much on the forums at all.

Anyway the newbies start to fool about anyway, whats the point if you cant have a laugh<blockquote class=quoteheader>Janet (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>but just let down by some of the members who ought to know better....!</blockquote>

I assume you mean Mr Bibby, and his little friend Mr White.

Without them , I would notlook in myself.

Lighten up girl, Wouldnt like to take you to the funfair,

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I doubt if she would want a pervert to take her to the funfair.

Anyway Spider, your GAY, or are you trying to turn back the other way.

Tell your boyfriend, the last line wasnt a pass,

xxxxx

W

Wolfman Woody

Janet said "only to have their thread hijacked by our resident comedians who appear to think it's OK to post their "in" jokes and personal banter."

But you see above, it's happened yet once again.

I must admit, I find too much of it off-putting. It's not even funny. So, I can see what Janet argues for, keep things in moderation.

R

Roto Fryer

one of the great benefits of having so many members is that there is always someone willing to step up and help new members/new fishermen and women. so many sites are based around just a few and if they don't help new members are ignored.

FM has been the most friendly and imformative site out there for a long time now.

keep it up

C

Cakey

without mr white and mr bibby there would only be a membership of 15

F

Fred Bonney

I blame it all on Bait Box/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Congratulations Graham and the Team, but especially, congratulations those who contribute much to this fine site.

Big pats on the back alround.