A Fine to Fit the Crime(At Last)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
We could do worse than go down the road that Singapore took. Their laws are very severe for litter louts, no litter dropping whatsoever is allowed under penalty of an on the spot fine and if you can't pay its into the nick until it is paid.

Can you imagine the outcry from the do-gooders if that law was passed here, the mind boggles. I lived in Singapore for 18 months when I was on the Commander in Chiefs Staff from 1955 to 1957 and it was a very smelly place in those days, that is no longer the case because they waged war in an effort to clean the place up, its now spotless apparently, or so I've been told.

J

john ledger

Charlie /Graham
Totally echo your views,in fact no pain no gain

Charlie Morris

Reaction score
I agree John no pain no gain. this is so true. I also like Graham would like the law changed to the same as in Singapore then there would be no litter at all left and there would be no excuse as there are millions of litter bins across the country.
as the moto says Keep Britain Tidy.

J

john ledger

The latest insult to injury has just happened in Sheffield.
A gang of yobs set fire to a wheely bin and shoved it at the side of a door killing two old aged pensioners and their disabled son and yes three are out on bail

J

john ledger

Problably be an ASBO Nick,yes its time we had a Star Chamber

T

The Monk

thats terrible John, how sad, having a disabled son must have make life terribly hard for those people and for that to happen in their old age, may God be with them, the animals who did that want sawing up and flushing down the shit pan.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
The disablement of the son is that he is blind and is now suffering third degree burns over 75% of his body

T

The Monk

my heart really goes out to him Michael, what a sick society we live in.