A Hypothetical Situation

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I tend to scatter my tackle in an untidy and usually inaccessible heap around me. If the swim were big enough, I'd budge up a little bit and share the swim.

The look on the chap's face if he did land some monster fish would be worth it and I can honestly, truly say that seeing someone else catch a giant and the difference it makes to them is on a par with catching it myself.

Might also make a friend for life.....:)

Seriously, if moving were the only option then, yeah, I would.....I love wading when and where safe and thought of never being able to do it again, so sad.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on what the reasons are that you fish. To me it is like a puzzle once you have cracked the code of how to catch the fish in your swim enough is as good as a feast. What is enough varies from angler to angler.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I think a lot depends on what the reasons are that you fish. To me it is like a puzzle once you have cracked the code of how to catch the fish in your swim enough is as good as a feast. What is enough varies from angler to angler.

A sensible, level headed view.

maverick 7

Reaction score
They are hypothetical saints.;):D

Of course they are Sam............and that makes me and you only hypothetical greedy ba*tards.....

....I was starting to feel hypothetically guilty there Sam...thanks for reminding me that none of it was real anyway....

Maverick

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

It IS a sensible answer....no doubt about that...BUT....a great day's fishing to me is like searching for the Holy Grail....so it would have to be a really special reason for me to give up a peg that has supplied me with it.

.....like life or death for example....

Maverick

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course they are Sam............and that makes me and you only hypothetical greedy ba*tards.....

....I was starting to feel hypothetically guilty there Sam...thanks for reminding me that none of it was real anyway....

Maverick

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

It IS a sensible answer....no doubt about that...BUT....a great day's fishing to me is like searching for the Holy Grail....so it would have to be a really special reason for me to give up a peg that has supplied me with it.

.....like life or death for example....

Maverick

Each to his own in all things.

terry m

Reaction score
We go fishing in the rain, the cold, the wind and even the snow...all for the sole purpose of finding a brilliant days fishing.........

Whilst I agree that we all would welcome a brilliant days fishing, I am not sure that it is correct to pre-suppose that is the sole purpose/reason for going fishing. It certainly is not the case for me.