A silly thread

nottskev

Reaction score
The last time I needed a rod I really couldn't do without was a Milbro Enterprise 13 ft.

I remember a bloke who used to fish the canal near me had a 14' Milbro Enterprise - a stunning yellow creation. I didn't even have a proper rod, much less know about their construction, so it mystified me that the blank at the butt was much thicker than the handle. I didn't imagine that a slimmer insert under the cork stepped it down. But at that time, I also used to wonder why cork handles didn't snap - nobody told me the rod went right through them.

Did you get your 13' one?

rayner

Reaction score
Yes, I did Kev. Not until I was 16 though, my dad bought me it for Christmas. My pal couldn't believe I got a rod for Christmas as I was one of the employed then.
There was no hanging about at that time, you finished school and went straight to a job.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Nothing much I want, but if I were forced into it, I'd take a 4.5" Chris Lythe Scotton Long Trotter.

mikench

Reaction score
A nice looking reel Chris and no doubt beautifully made. I see they are all sold out so you might be in for a long wait; in fact bearing in mind the silliness of the thread, an interminable one.:)