A watershed moment in angling design.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I do like a bit of Mullet fishing when I get the chance, I could imagine that working well. One to store in the memory banks for when the opportunity arises !

Brilliant fighters Mullet & a great cross over fish for Coarse anglers to have a dabble for.

My mate used to swear by digging marsh worms for this method, they are stubby little worms about two inches long and a off-yellowish color. He would dig them in the mud by the bank-side before he started. However, I think he said red maggots worked as well. I imagine something like brandlings or small harbour rag-worm might work but he always swore by those marsh worms. he was known as the Mullet Man so he was probably right.
I think this was in the tidal part of the Cuckmere river where he used to go but I don't see why it wouldn't work elsewhere. Give it a go one day, be nice to know if it helped.

Last edited:

Krang

Reaction score
Yeah, but you won’t be able to cast the f**kers!

I'm thinking on that now..

I might be able to attach a centerpin reel sideways and modify it so it casts more like a spinning reel. I'm pretty sure the Farmoor rules don't say anything about not doing that.

Anyone have any other ideas?

John Keane

Reaction score
I'm thinking on that now..

I might be able to attach a centerpin reel sideways and modify it so it casts more like a spinning reel. I'm pretty sure the Farmoor rules don't say anything about not doing that.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Then you’d want an Alvey Sidecast reel or a Ray Walton Rolling Pin. Still doesn’t get round the fact that fly spoons have no castable weight and need a fly line to propel them. Looks like you’re fooked!

Krang

Reaction score
Then you’d want an Alvey Sidecast reel or a Ray Walton Rolling Pin. Still doesn’t get round the fact that fly spoons have no castable weight and need a fly line to propel them. Looks like you’re fooked!

I'll just buy a bunch of cheap Chinese size 0 aglia knock offs, repackage them as "fly spinners" and sell them to myself on amazon.