ACES vs CHAVS MK2 ??

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Graham,

YOU MUST COME to this one, don't worry with Leses wheel barrow for you kit, Wendy and me on each side of you to lean on, you will make it to the swim./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Went to the local tackle shop the other day to get some bits for this fish in , i felt like a ten year old buying his first bit of gear ,mouth wide openlooking at all these funny shaped things ( floats ) , not knowing what i was looking at i had to get the part time Saturday boy to give me a hand , then i had to put my glasses on to look at the tiny little barbless hooks ,its going to take all day to tie one of these up !

I took my little bit of gear up to the counter and stood behind this guy who had just spent £80 on bits you could fit into your pocket ,the bloke behind the counter gave a bit of a smirk so i just said "it`s just a few bits for my grandson " and walked out ,my grandson is only 18 months old !

So you Chavs ,be afraid, be very afraid ,you will shake when you see my gear ................... with laughter/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
HAHA I'm shaking in my boots here Les..........are you sure you are up for fighting those nasty big 7lber carp? lol/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Not too mention all those roach...blimey you in for a treat lol

Reaction score
Hi Claudia ,looking forward to it mate but iwill bring one of my carp rods (2.25tc) just in case but i would like to hook up the carp on the float rod , it would make a change .

I had a bit of a practise a couple of weeks ago on a commercial down here , ended up with about 70 lb for 14 carp up to 12lb on my carp gear ,got a bit bored at the end ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
A feeder rod would do the job there honest, no need for a carp rod really.

i managed a 14lber out there on a float rod, 4 lb mainline and a small river reel lol, that was luck though, bet I couldn't do it again/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

I fished GV yesterday but I fished the waggler for silver, so far I only ever fished there for carp so I wanted to know how it fishes for the silver.

The weather condition wasn't ideal, north north east wind and rain, still I managed a good bag of silver and a 6lb common and that was without really trying lol

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
hahahaha, Les you make me laugh. You'll really enjoy it honestly we have a great day and a good laugh too.

When is Neil back from his hols?

F

Fred Bonney

You all have a great time,I shall be on my way down to Hampshire, with permission to take my rods/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Aww, fred are you not coming to this one? /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Les it doesn't matter if you don't catch, just taking part is what it's all about./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif I'm just gonna be fishing as if i'm fishing for pleasure, that way you enjoy it more.

I'm really looking forward to this one, it'll be great!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well spoken Les, so go on feel free and blank (more chancs for the chavs then lol ) just kidding.

I love the fish ins for the same reason but I also learn a lot from the more experienced anglers by bugging them with lots of questions/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif and by watching them.

Shame you not with us again Fred, where abouts in Hamshire are you going/fishing?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Yes claudia thats what these fish-ins are all about, the only reason i know what i know is through watching people and asking questions.

Yes Les we won't mind if you blank, your fishing for the aces/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

We'll meet, one day Les.

It's my wifes birthday, and our 34th wedding anni.Wendy.So for fear of my life, I ducked out,from the start.

Avonand Stour,Claudia....not everyday though/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Evening all. Back from a week or so locked away in The Cotswolds!

Nice Trophy Graham! It would be nice to get Ian Joiner's name on it. He was the highest points scorer for The Chavs back in January.

I'm sure we can arrange for a couple of cars to get very close access to Syndicate Lake and if necessary we can "sort out" a couple of cosy swims for anyone who needs them.

Breakfast is available at the venue but may be a little crowded as there is another match on Middle Lake. Our match starts an hour later than theirs so it shouldn't be a big problem.

Wendy, is he coming?

I'm sure there will besome last minute changes to the line up but we'll sort that out during the week (and probably onSaturday morning).

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Good luck Fred....drove past the Stour today,(at Winborne) looks a treat, right water level, almost crysal clear....the Avon (my local stretch at Britford) also is in very good condition.

You will have fun, no doubt/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Still the return match won't be the same without you/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Sounds good,not checked the forecast,take it as it comes.

Probably good food and drink, will be the priority,so fun...yes.

I'll miss you too./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gifquestion is.....who is going to help me netting ALL my fish on Saturday now?/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif