Advice on fishing venue around Nottingham

Reaction score
Hi all, I just moved to Nottingham for uni this year and would fancy some spinning for perch and pike around the area. I am thinking of the stretches of River Trent around Victorian Embankment and Beeston. Are these waters owned by any fishing clubs? Are they any good for perch and pike? Any specific advice on these waters?

I am also open to any other options that is reachable with public transport. Thanks in advance.

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Confirming that the whole of he Nottingham embankment is free to fish, anywhere you see concrete step the OK!:thumbs:

However in the winter you are much more likely to be successful in the river Soar in the winter. It's not far Kegworh the controlling club is long Eaton Victoria , about 25 quid a year and its stuffed with pike, not massive ones but you'll get a bend in your rod :)

B

binka

Confirming that the whole of he Nottingham embankment is free to fish, anywhere you see concrete step the OK!:thumbs:

However in the winter you are much more likely to be successful in the river Soar in the winter. It's not far Kegworh the controlling club is long Eaton Victoria , about 25 quid a year and its stuffed with pike, not massive ones but you'll get a bend in your rod :)

I used to fish around Kegworth a lot many years ago, in particular where the A453 crosses the river up to the weir at the top of the first meadow and it was stuffed with pike back then, some good perch in the weir pool itself and some good stick water too.

We used to have a bit of a summer Friday night club going after work where four of us shared the driving on consecutive weeks and afterwards it was over to The Bull at Breaston for a few pints before chucking out time then fish and chips before journeying home.

Happy days, I must have a look around that area again.

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Snap mate used to go down there in the 80's myself, I'd fish for the bait, it was full to brimming with Geogen and jack pike in those days in fact, they was next to nothing else in the river! Had many of hours fun on mellors feild Nottingham Anglers Association water, now days you can't fish as the farmer has changed.

Anyway that bit you speak off is long eatton vic, however id go into the horseshoe bit this time ofthe year it near the archor pub. Its full of pike mate, bit bigger than they was in the 80's too. It's all members only mate