ANGLING GROUPS

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Terry D made the third post on this thread Fred. What he said was -; If indeed the persons concerned are just out to cause trouble or nause, then by all means deal with them accordingly.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Just gotback from the induction into the DVS.....I mean fishing club I can't mention wipes custards from his buttocks good to see your still casting out in the hope of a bite BAZ.

B

What do you mean casting for a bite?

Further to my last post I will add that the person who ruled with a rod of iron in the angling group that I know of, kept his members strictly in check. This was a good chairman /leader. I am not casting aspertions at the DVSG in any way shape or form.

P

Phil Hackett The original disability bad speller w

Now I just wonder whether this is about SSG?
At the time Iron man Mike was in charge I think?
If I remember properly, grown men quaked in their boots at his bellow!

There were no errant members in there, that?s for sure!
Self-publicists, egotists, billys and the like, were dealt with severely.
The expulsed were persona non grata and cast into the wilderness, destined to wander the margins of specimen hunting for all eternity.
Heaven forbid they ever turned up on a hit water of SSG.

B

I think you know who they are Ron. But like a true gentleman I will not mention their name,
unlike other people on this thread.
Not that they have done anything wrong. You can be sure that if they were named then somebody would find fault with them.

It is very rare that I mention another club or fishing groups name unless I have had permission to do so in the first place.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Baz my good man please beware of just using initials for the group and not the full name. I have been "taken in" by this - see my post on con tricks for full details

Tally Ho

P

Phil Hackett The original disability bad speller w

Even I wouldn't cross Iron Man Mike and he's still around Ron. So sadly you've no chance of me naming the group, I fear for my safety too much.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Fellow anglers please be aware on the latest scam going round.
Some of you chaps may have read on one of Baz's threads that I had been offered membership of an exclusive South Yorkshire specimen group and I had hinted that it was the DVSG.

Well the invite was from the DVSG, I saw the words Don Valley and read no further.

I turned up at the pub to meet the chaps and of course got the first round in. The 3 gentlemen from the group introduced themselves, Don "The cap" Clay, Lee Knives and Robert Bobs. As the evening wore on these chaps seemed reluctant to buy any drinks but gladly supped everything I bought.

Finally an agreement was produced for me to sign for membership of the DVSG, and when I had agreed in writing to the DVSG using the estate lake at Furkum Hall did I notice that the group was the Don Valley Swimming Gala and I had let them practice in the lake for a year. Lee then revealed the Don is called Don "the swimming cap" Clay.

I have woken up this morning dressed only in a pair of tight Speedos and goggles. Worse still the estate lake has lanes on it now and is awash with swimmers.

I've just seen a van load of young women between the ages of 18 -20 turn up, apparently they are the synchronised swimming team and have on very skimpy costumes, I shall have to go now and investigate this further. Crams 2 pair of socks down the front of the Speedos

"Wait up ladies- do you need a coach I read the "Thumbs up for swimming" by Len Fairclough.