angling trust statement

john step

Reaction score
TBF S-Kip, I've not fished since the last "Fish-in" at Boddington, slippy banks, flooded rivers and bad weather have resulted in my absence from the banks, I think we must all try to be as safe as possible. If the weather changes, I'll probably give my dead maggots an outing though,
With a fair wind and a jab in the arm lets hope I will see you at Boddington again in the latter part of 2021. PROVIDED Simon organises better weather!

Edited. After the first Boddington and before the first lockdown it was my intention to go back there for a few days and have a bash at the roach and also do a bit of feedering for the carp. I had a local campsite in mind. But hey ho maybe 2021 or even 2022 for a few days. It will happen. :)

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Maybe Steve but he's delivering vaccines not defending a military outpost against the Taliban in the Hindu Kush. An army uniform maybe but not camo.

Whether you like it or not, standard working dress for Army personnel, and plenty of Navy and RAF, is now camo. The green wooly pully, shirt, tie and OG trouser combo went out years ago. The next step is some type of dress uniform. Brigadier Prosser was certainly not dressed inappropriately.

Last edited:

TreborM

Reaction score
Wow people fed up slagging Boris and now find peoples clothing to moan about , what next there aftershave ??

bet the bloke does a good job he can dress as he likes imo Did you see Mat Hancocks socks last week? ?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Wow people fed up slagging Boris and now find peoples clothing to moan about , what next there aftershave

bet the bloke does a good job he can dress as he likes imo Did you see Mat Hancocks socks last week?

Who said we are fed up slagging Boris. We’re just not supposed to on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theartist

Reaction score
Saw three more fishing this morning down my local canal, two on the river. There's more fishing now than in the summer

terry m

Reaction score
A couple of gals received £200 fines each for driving 5 miles to walk in Derbyshire.
Seems there will be enforcement in some areas.

theartist

Reaction score
That's nothing some of the footballers caught partying at New year were put on the bench, one was even made captain as punishment, others had to play despite it being cold and one manager said his guy was a nice guy only doing what everyone else is doing. Lets spare a thought for these Pro footballers in their time of need, please donate gloves, hot water bottles, snoods and headphones to the relevant clubs for some of these idiots who have been forced to be substitutes in such weather.

There is a local centre near you taking donations

Reaction score
Exactly,they pick on ordinary people,don't tell me that very wealthy people aren't taking advantage of the restrictions,just want to put the serfs in their hovels for three months....

Aknib

Reaction score
This football thing is just another glaring example of the inconsistencies in all of this, when you compare the solitary pursuit of angling to a bunch of grown (physically if not mentally) sweaty blokes jumping up and down on one another and hugging each other you have to think wtf?

seth49

Reaction score
This is after the two women were fined in Derbyshire for travelling five miles for exercise.
A2451F05-6C92-408C-A681-AA038BA0ED88.png

chevin4

Reaction score
That's nothing some of the footballers caught partying at New year were put on the bench, one was even made captain as punishment, others had to play despite it being cold and one manager said his guy was a nice guy only doing what everyone else is doing. Lets spare a thought for these Pro footballers in their time of need, please donate gloves, hot water bottles, snoods and headphones to the relevant clubs for some of these idiots who have been forced to be substitutes in such weather.

There is a local centre near you taking donations
As some of these footballers cant act like responsible adults it's time for the clubs to make the situation clear to their players ie if you break the rules you will not only be fined you will spend the rest of the season dropped and transfer listed. I am sick of these rule breakers apologising for the misdemeanors, obviously a statement from the club which isn't worth the paper it's written on.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
The two women were also charged with having a picnic by having a cup of coffee with them.
I'm stuffed then if I get pulled when I go fishing, I will be having a flask and packed lunch with me, ?‍♂️

Reaction score
The club I and several others on FM are members of have a forum,the differing opinions of what is allowable from this statement is vast,BBC news this morning apparently asked Whitehall what local is in respect to the two ladies fined £200,the answer back was that they didn't know,ohhhhh ffffing bliss!!!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The club I and several others on FM are members of have a forum,the differing opinions of what is allowable from this statement is vast,BBC news this morning apparently asked Whitehall what local is in respect to the two ladies fined £200,the answer back was that they didn't know,ohhhhh ffffing bliss!!!!

It was unclear as to why the FPN had been issued; was it for being 5 miles from home or for having the coffee that was deemed to be a picnic?

Either way anglers are going to have to be very careful ad to how far they travel and what they take with them . . . . .