anti glare sunglasses

R

Richard Drayson

Here is the address and phone number for Optix Sunglasses.

Marby Lloyd Ltd,
Hawkesworth Road,
Great Western Business Park,
Yate,
South Gloucester. BS37 5NW
01454 325555

N

Nick Lyons

thanks all,great feedback. I originally posted this thread last november and dont know why it has come up again,never mind the replies have helped me and hopefully more anglers.

Mike Taylor 2

Reaction score
looking for a polyroid glasses company called Outdoor Eyewear as worn by john knight nash carp champ
thanks

T

tom riordan

I was put onto Optilabs through this website by Woody! and I have had them now for a couple of years and can definately vouch for them, they are the most scratch resistant lens I have ever used and the framed are robust and flexible you wouldnt be afraid to do any outdoor sports wearing them.

T

tom riordan

4 year old thread, got to be an FM record and still as relevant today as it was then!!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I used my new prescription optilabs yesterday and very good they are too, well worth the money. I ordered the Blackbird but they rang me on Friday to say they had mistakenly cut the lens for the Panther type and if I wanted I could try them or return if they weren't satisfactory. They also deducted ?20 off the bill because of their mistake, can't be bad eh!

Has anyone tried them without the side pieces on, do they make that much difference or not? I know you can remove the side pieces but they look a bit finicky to me, in fact I did remove one of the small retaining tags and now I can't get get it back in.

W

Wolfman Woody

"They also deducted ?20 off the bill because of their mistake, can't be bad eh!"

Talk about luck - "if you fell of the Co-op you'd land in the divi" as we used to say.

Y

yoggy

Bolle everytime for me,they are fantastic,they were recommended to me by a mate who fishes for the England Flyfishing team.I bought mine from Rutland Water who have a huge stock.[SEE MY FORUM PHOTO!!}.I"ve had these for the past 6years,the lenses are superb and scratch resistant,the frames are rock solid,and cost 89quid...ok not cheap,but you definatly get what you pay for.

F

Fred Bonney

Graham I've always worn mine without and they are effective,the side shades obviously cut out the side light but I just found they were awkward.

T

tom riordan

I threw away my side shades after I found that they made the lens mist up in hot weather to quickly for my liking, I just lift my hand to the side of my head when I spot that lazy little flick of a tail in the streamer weed.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Thanks Tom and Fred, I suspected that but thought I'd ask to make sure. I've sent them back anyway because when I looked closely at the place where the tag should locate I noticed how badly fitting the lenses were and after phoning them they advised me to return them and apologised for all the inconvenience. Hopefully when I get them back they will be ok, who knows, they might even knock another ?20 off. Are you watching Jeff? Hahaha!

Mac

Reaction score
I have a pair of Julbo polarised. Very light, comfortable and strong and don't let much light in at the sides as they wrap around. Cost about 40 quid. Had them about three years.